Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Info night at school

Hi there:
    The info night for my child's upcoming school in Sept/08 is tomorrow evening and I am just curious for others who have gone to one of these (especially an evening one) did you bring your LO along or just go on your own? I am not sure how long it will be but I am thinking my son will not want to sit for long and listen to the info being presented, etc. I am tempted to just go with my DH and send the boys to MIL's house. Input, personal experiences of taking yoru child with you, etc would be appreciated! thanks!

Are you talking about the TVNELP program to get future JK's introduced to their class. If so, I went to my daughters yesterday in the late afternoon. It was for the children as well as parents. I didn't bring my husband because he was working, but it definately wouldn't be a bad idea. There were moms and dads and even grandparents!

The following is a link to more information:
    http://www.tvdsb.on.ca/tvnelp/index.html

Is this what you were looking for?!

Banned

I went to the FI night for our school last week. I didn't take my kids and I would say the majority didn't, but there were some there (I asked mine if they wanted to see their new school and they said "nah, we'll see it when we actually go there"). Part of the night was a tour of the classroom and the people with kids there didn't get to hear much of what was being said at the front because their kids were playing at the back!!

sorry to hijack bt how would I find out what night the information session is?
    Becky Mom to X and C

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Thanks for the feedback ladies! DH and I have decided to go to the session alone, as we believe we'll be able to get more out of it and not have an ancy/impatient 4 year old with us to contend with the entire time! When he gets bored, he just will not sit still
    If any of you ladies want to know what evening the info session is for your child's school, I would check out the TVDSB web site (don't know what it is at the moment!) or the Catholic School board site or even call the school your child will be attending. I am sure if you miss the info session, you can just go directly to the school to pick up and info package! It's not as though every parent out there is able to go on the evening they have it going on with work, other commitments, etc. Matter of fact, I know someone who just picked one up because she couldn't attend!

Does anyone know the difference between TVNELP and TVDSB? The above website that I posted says TVDSB in the link, but when you click on it, it's about TVNELP. Does anyone know why?!?

Banned

TVNELP is the program to get kids introduced to school. It's a series of 4 mornings or afternoons spent at your child's school. TVDSB is the Thames Valley District School Board. TVDSB runs TVNELP (although I think other groups are involved too).

here's the links!

TVDSB:
    http://www.tvdsb.on.ca/

TVNELP:
    http://readyforschool.ca/