Default Experiences with Parent and Tot Gymnastics at Forest City

Just wondering if anyone has done this with their children. I am hoping to sign up my dd for the spring session at the East location. I would like to know how other people liked this??? Also, what kind of stuff do they do?
    Catherine
    Mama of 2 wonderful Children,
    July 2006 & January 2008

Banned

I don't think it is really worth the money for what you get. And there is an extra insurance fee on top of the amount you see in the spectrum. It is sort of running and jumping around. I only went once and it was fun but I think it should be way cheaper.

Expert Forum User

If you are interested in int, I would contact them directly as they have more options for times/days than the Spectrum and I also had a discount for signing up early.

I went during the week when DD was about 2 and there were only her and one other little girl. In this case, I really liked it because the girls got to do lots and they got lots of practice. I was a little hesitant at first because they are supposed to follow what the instructor is asking (not just running willy nilly) and I thought she may not be patient. BUT, it was the opposite - both girls were quite attentive and we really saw some improvements in what they were doing over the time. I can't imagine going though if there is a huge group of them as they would be spending A LOT of time waiting I imagine!
    Mum to Alyssa (born April 30, 2005)

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

We went to that location for a good 2 yrs. My dd had lots of fun. They did a lot of activities. The bars, balance beam, trampoline, there was another piece of equip I can't think of the name. She did more than just running and jumping. We are going to sign both kids up in the summer. But at the Warncliffe and southdale location. Only because it's closer to us. My friend is taking her little one there right now and they are loving it

Oh I should mention there is the Forest City Sports Center and Forest City Gymnastics Club almost side by side on first street. We went to the Forest City Sports Center
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

I am just trying to find activities for my 20 month old daughter that we can do with out her baby brother. She needs some mommy time! I also want it to be fun for her. I didn't find that this was very expensive at all....$97 for 12 weeks? Thats like $8 each time.....not too bad. I just wasn't sure if it was just the kids running around or if there was actually structured activities... Does anyone else have any other suggestions as to what to do with a 20 month old?????
    Catherine
    Mama of 2 wonderful Children,
    July 2006 & January 2008

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by brookiesmama View Post
    I am just trying to find activities for my 20 month old daughter that we can do with out her baby brother. She needs some mommy time! I also want it to be fun for her. I didn't find that this was very expensive at all....$97 for 12 weeks? Thats like $8 each time.....not too bad. I just wasn't sure if it was just the kids running around or if there was actually structured activities... Does anyone else have any other suggestions as to what to do with a 20 month old?????
    I think it is an excellent choice.
    Both my kids have done gymnastics since they were about 20months old- at the south location until they moved last june- now we are at london city gymnastics that took over the south location.
    It teaches them to take turns, waiting in line and all the fun stuff of all the different modalities.
    enjoy your one on one mommy time...even if there are a few in the class- it will all be good!

Expert Forum User

Is the parent and tot gymnastics something that you can do with your baby too? I am also thinking of signing up DD but would have to bring the baby (wear her in a carrier). The spectrum says that parent involvement is encouraged... not sure exactly what that means. I can't go tumbling or jump on the trampoline with a baby on my back.

ETA Or could I???

Banned

Technically you could...
    But if she is a runner (like Aidan) you would have to chase her all over (your older one I mean).
    There are lots of things going on at once so you have to make sure your toddler doesn't run in front of some older kid doing 10 backflips or throw a ball at a kid on a jumping thing and knock him on his ass (like Aidan did *oops*).
    Or you could get DH to take her and you stay home and have a nice relaxing time with baby (like I now do) hehe.

Expert Forum User

Hey Catherine thats where Savannah and I go nowand she loves it there and the price aint too bad imo

We have been attending for the last 4 years and we love it. It is great pre-school practice for your child too because your child learns to follow directions and instructions as well as turn-taking, listening and waiting in line. It is a great place!