Expert Forum User

Smile So it looks like.... Update in post 9

We will be starting a trial homeschooling period in our house next week. I talked to hubby about it today and he said "sure whatever"..So Im going to take that as an opportunity to go gung ho on this and start next week. Think we will try it for two weeks, structured (per Hubby's request. Think I have better chance getting him into homeschooling than unschooling so this is how its going to go down ) The kids are excited. I think this way my hubby will see how it can work...or I will see how it cant work LMAO

So Im excited!
    Last edited by Mrs.Crunchy; 08-09-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Candace~ Christ-clinging, babywearing, tiedying, barefoot, nature loving, crunchy mamma of three~

Expert Forum User

Cool beans, Mrs C! Do you have a plan our an outline you are going to use, then?
    "Show me your horse and I will tell you who you are." -- Old English Saying

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by dressage mom View Post
    Cool beans, Mrs C! Do you have a plan our an outline you are going to use, then?
    kinnnnnnda. LOL. I have a few moms from our Church that have some cirriculum that we are going to look at, and I have found some free online stuff that I have bookmarked. I guess over the next few days Im going to look at it all and try and make a decision on whats going to work best for the kiddos

Candace~ Christ-clinging, babywearing, tiedying, barefoot, nature loving, crunchy mamma of three~

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I hope it goes well for you.

If your looking for ideas on things to do, is a project on a subject the kids wanted to and getting bristol board and making a big poster about it. They were to into it and SO excited to show my husband and talk about it all with him when he came home.

We do those through the year but it's always a huge hit.
    Last edited by my2babies; 07-29-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by my2babies View Post
    I hope it goes well for you.

If your looking for ideas on things to do, is a project on a subject the kids wanted to and getting bristol board and making a big poster about it. They were to into it and SO excited to show my husband and talk about it all with him when he came home.

We do those through the year but it's always a huge hit.
    excellent idea!

Whitehills...Two blocks from my childhood home!

Can you post your links?
    I want to start with DS soon too. I am going to send him to school, but when he's home on the odd days I want to continue with it...I want him to excell!

Expert Forum User

lessonpathways.com is the one that I hav ebeen reccomended. I dont have a printer and alot of it is stuff you can print off so I have been sitting here for over an hour just doing Alexis' math for next week..
    http://www.lessonpathways.com/
    very overwhelmed
    I gotta pick up a printer or I cant see this happening for free...
    Last edited by Mrs.Crunchy; 07-29-2011 at 01:39 PM.

You can check out the Ontario curriculum to see what is being taught at their grade level...it is broken down by subject too. This is helpful to make sure you're on the same track if ever you decide to put them back into school or they have to write some standardized test(s).

Expert Forum User

So after lots (and lots and lots) of prayer and testing the waters we have decided that we are not going to homeschool this year. There were a lot of things that effected the outcome and I have a very huge peace about sending them to school this year. I feel this is the right move for us and for them. Just wanted to give an update Thanks to everyone who gave me advice and encouragement! Who knows what we will be called to do next year!!!