Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Default C Sections Vs Vaginal Births

I know that it seems weird but I have been reading through a few threads and it seems to me that C-sections are becoming more the "Norm" than regular vaginal births. I am just interested to see how many of us have had c-sections and how many have had vaginal births.

I had a c-section with my first, My hips didnt move, I was hospitalized for HBP I am type 2 diabetic and concidered High Risk. So I was prepared for one early, With my second I wanted a Vbac, When my BP went up I was brought in and they induced me, I was in active Labour for 25 hours with contractions 1 min apart, and nothing, which ended up with a Second C-section

Is there really any benifit to having one? I would like to hear all your thoughts.

Expert Forum User

within walking distance of downtown but a good part

I am type 1 diabetic and i was in the hospital for a week (at 36 weeks) for PIH ( HBP) and then was induced at 36 weeks and 6 days and went throught 21 hours of labor and 2 1/2 hours of pushing then had a c/s because he was stuck in the birth canal

I sell AVON I sell SCENTSY JOIN THE PARTY!

CodysMummy

I had no problems what so ever with my preganacy .... but i went into labour 9 days early and after having been in labour for 19 hours and was fully dialted i was pushing and his heart beat dropped so they had to do an emergency C-section .. we then found out his cord was too short and was not letting him come down when i pushed .... so i had no choice .. it was best for my baby

Expert Forum User

I had a c-section. I was induced because of high BP a couple of days before my due date, I progressed fine (had dilated to 9.5cm+) - but my little girl didn't do so well in transition, her heart rate dropped and was continuing to drop without contractions, it was under 40 beats a minute when they were were prepping me. They rushed me down the hall and had her out in under 5 minutes without consent forms filled out or my husband in the room.

I'm hoping that I can have a vbac if we're blessed with baby number 2

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I'm lucky I had vaginal both times. About 12 hours labour the first time, 2 hours of pushing and 10 hours labour the second time and 20 min pushing. There was some concern for a couple of months that I might have to have a c-section because of placenta privea, but it cleared, I was concerned because I didn't know how I would take care of my then 22 month old son. I had epis both times and learned by the second time that I let my body do the work of pushing rather than spending hours pushing myself. If I ever convince my DH for #3 I want to go natural, no epi with a midwife and possibly a water birth.
    Mommy to three adorable kids!

I had 2 vag births though frankly the odds weren't in my favor with the girls.. we made it work..
    Heather.

Push button. Receive bacon.

Zoo

2 successful VBAC's here.

And #2 was over 10 pounds.

Expert Forum User

I had an emergency c-section with DS. I chose to have a scheduled c-section with DD. My reasons for a scheduled c-section: no labour, quick and easy recovery (although I hear that is not the norm), planned delivery day. I would chose another c-section if I were to get pregnant again. I was walking the samer day, grocery shopping 3 days later and at the gym 4 weeks later. I heal VERY quickly!

Expert Forum User

birkura! that wonderful that you twin came on their own! good for you
    zoo wow! 10lbs! thats fantasitic!
    I might add my first was 9lbs 13oz 2 weeks early as well as my second was 8lb 8oz 3.5 weeks early which could explain why they didnt want to come out of my tiny 5'4 body! ahahah,
    So far is seems as though BP has a huge factor on csections

Expert Forum User

2 vag births here as well - before kids, I thought that a c-section would be convenient (I was misinformed) but once I was pregnant, I kind of liked the idea of a "surprise" birthday for the baby (and I'm total type A, so this is odd) and, to be honest, C-sections started to scare the crap out of me. My labour/delivery was quick and easy for both kids - went in "thinking" I was in labour with both babies (not sure), and spent less than 5 hours at the hospital before delivering, and was really only uncomfortable for about the last hour with Clark and the last 1/2 hour with Clair.

Expert Forum User

within walking distance of downtown but a good part

I was walking the samer day, grocery shopping 3 days later
    i did the same thing, and this was my first i guess i didnt have it that bad

I sell AVON I sell SCENTSY JOIN THE PARTY!

Expert Forum User

Are you kidding! I was 5days in the hospital with both, I am such a suck, I was a week before i started back doing anything other than climbing the stairs! Good for you girls

oh yeah? well I climbed up a hill in the snow TO and FROM the hospital after having my girls.....

LOL.. joking..

I sat my ass on the couch as soon as I got home and I'm looking to get up REAL soon...
    Heather.

Push button. Receive bacon.

Expert Forum User

lol Bikruca you crack me up!

Quote Originally Posted by bikruca View Post
    I sat my ass on the couch as soon as I got home and I'm looking to get up REAL soon...

LOL, seriously, that's the way to do it! I had a vag birth, but she flew out in 8 minutes with very little assistance on my part and I had some wicked stitching and tailbone bruising as a result. I sat in my lazyboy for about a month to recover. My girlfriend joked about it for ages - until she had her first in January... She's still on her couch.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast