Thread: guest rooms?

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default guest rooms?

We currently have an extra bedroom that has been doubling for storage since we moved in. Its mostly just stuff that hasn't found a home, old papers, toys, random crap basically. lol.

Anyways, DH's sister arrives tonight for a month long visit with her son from New Zealand (yay! they havent met Noah or Martyn yet!)
    So today my task is to clear out the room and make a guest room so they have a space so they can stay here (they'll rotate between our place, BILs and the ILs place). Anyways, I was thinking about putting my sewing stuff in there as well.
    Question is- Should I wait until they're gone and the bed goes back downstairs into storage to put it in there (and by it, i'm referring to a table, serger & sewing machine, no fabric or anything like that). Or can I just put it all in there now?
    Or can I just use the top shelf in the closet (it is small) to store my machines?

We've never had a guest room before So I'm not really sure what should be in there vs what shouldn't.

Please help

i don't see the sewing machine being a problem.. as long as there is lots of room to get around with a bed in it plus whatever other furniture you might have .. lots of ppl have extra items in thirr guest rooms. ..seeing as most ppl don't always use the guest room all the time for guests.. its there for a JIC stay over... they have things they might use every day and such.. wouldn't bother me.. sounds like its going to be a very wonderful memory making visit.

As long as the little one won't ruin the machines, I think a dual purpose guest room is fine. But if it's that simple to just put them on the shelf for now, that might be a nice gesture to leave more space in the room.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

oh, he won't ruin anything. lol He's not very little

And not just as simple as to just put them on the shelf. it would be totally easier to put the table in there.. but I think I'll just leave it downstairs taking up room there for now and put the machines in the closet. I'm just trying to get this place organized. lol
    Last edited by Leigh; 07-20-2011 at 01:40 PM.