Default Vet recommendations

Looking for a new vet for our 2 year old lab. We don't have pet insurance anymore, so we're looking for a place with reasonable prices! We're sorta North/West. Suggestions? TIA!

Expert Forum User

i had a bad experience with Western Road, so got a reccomendation from our neighbour to use Banner Road(out by Thamesford, 10 mins east of london)..and we still use them! it's been about 6 yrs now. There is something about a country vet..they're wonderful there!

Whitehills...Two blocks from my childhood home!

We goto Dr Kirby or Dr Wilson at Komoka Kilworth Animal Chinic..Cheaper then London Vets and hty are amazing!

Offered to stay later one night if we could make it there ina certian period of time to help us with our dieng cat..

Thumbs up

That is where we will be going as well. Just switching to them! Banner rd for us now
    Last edited by cmama; 07-12-2011 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Hame View Post
    We goto Dr Kirby or Dr Wilson at Komoka Kilworth Animal Chinic..Cheaper then London Vets and hty are amazing!

Offered to stay later one night if we could make it there ina certian period of time to help us with our dieng cat..

My FIL and us use them too, love them. Worth the drive to save the dough for sure.
    Loving mom to DD '99 and DD '01
    Proud foster mom to #4 and counting

I love Strathroy Animal. 519 245 1153. They are so much cheaper than inside the city.
    I used to go to Firth and I couldn't stand them there. They would constantly call to remind us to do something even tho it was told to them to never call (numerous times) about this issue. Also they were sickening nice...you know the type over the top nice where you just couldn't like them.

Strathroy here as well
    A home without a cat is just a house...

Expert Forum User

We use Whitehills Animal Hospital (or something like that) they're on Aldersbrook near Wonderland. I love them there, great with our animals, cheaper than my parent's vet who is outside the city. Even called in a vet when they were supposed to be closed for lunch and were wonderful with my girls when we had a dying hamster. Very personal service there too, they'll call to check up on your pets to see how they're feeling if you've taken them in when they were ill.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Hame View Post

I was just there on Friday with my lab! I don't know if Dr. Kirby is there anymore. I think they have a new female vet. I had her when we went on Friday but I can't remember her name. Dr. Wilson also practices holistic treatments for animals. He is knowledgeable.

I used to go to Banner Road as well. I had a mixed experience of good coupled with bad so I made the switch (Komoka is way closer for me as well).

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by mccaroline View Post
    We use Whitehills Animal Hospital (or something like that) they're on Aldersbrook near Wonderland. I love them there, great with our animals, cheaper than my parent's vet who is outside the city. Even called in a vet when they were supposed to be closed for lunch and were wonderful with my girls when we had a dying hamster. Very personal service there too, they'll call to check up on your pets to see how they're feeling if you've taken them in when they were ill.

My SIL goes to Dr. Tom there. She used to work with him (she's a vet techbut worked in a different clinic) and loves the clinic there. I'm not sure about pricing, but I think they're fairly reasonable.

Expert Forum User

I find my vet reasonable and its not far from Veteren's Pkwy - East Middlesex Animal Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    I find my vet reasonable and its not far from Veteren's Pkwy - East Middlesex Animal Hospital

This is who we take our dogs to as well. It is well worth the drive for us for the savings on the total bill. It is actually in Nilestown more so than Dorchester.

Expert Forum User

Another one for Strathroy!

Expert Forum User

We go to Staples Animal Hospital. We have had no issue with them so far. Dr. Staples was very upfront with concerns, costs and realistic outcomes with our kitties.

04/05/12 & 28/09/12 - Mama loves you, Babies.