Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Angry Our Van was broken into

So this morning, DH was about to leave for work when he realized our van doors were opened and someone had gone through the glovebox and they threw stuff all over the van, Nothing stolen, because there was nothing in the van.

On Saturday we came home after being gone for afew hours and norticed that our bathroom screen was part of the way off!

I'm feeling a little paranoid over here

Should I call and report these incidents to the police or just not worry about it.

Expert Forum User

The car thing alone, I wouldn't bother, but perhaps I'd call the non-emergency line about the bathroom screen and ask them if it's worth reporting. Our cars get gone through fairly regularly, so now we just leave nothing in them and the doors unlocked.

*inkymama*

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by InkyMama View Post
    The car thing alone, I wouldn't bother, but perhaps I'd call the non-emergency line about the bathroom screen and ask them if it's worth reporting. Our cars get gone through fairly regularly, so now we just leave nothing in them and the doors unlocked.
    I agree!!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I would call and report it. Maybe they'll keep a closer eye on the neighbour hood at night.
    Sorry that happened to you!!

“life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away“

Expert Forum User

That's too bad Tanya!!

I've had my car broken into once and stolen once, so I understand how you're feeling

I'd probably report the screen on the house. Hopefully, these incidents stop for you!!
    Kim
    Mom to four great kids: Hunter, Trent, Emma and Logan

I'd call too. just to make sure its on record. sorry Tan. that does suck. almost wish we could go back 40 years. much better times back then. for the most part anyway.

Banned

I'd call to report it, that way they can see if there was more in the area as well. Sorry that happened, sounds scary!

Expert Forum User

I think you should report it because they will start a file and if any arrests are made, they will refer back. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling as safe in your home.
    Last edited by BabyLove; 07-11-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Expert Forum User

I'd report it as well. Even though nothing was taken.. or get a big ferocious looking dog

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that. We've had that happen too, and it just feels so awful. We were about to head out of town, and I went outside with an armload of luggage. All the doors and trunk were open, but I hadn't seen my husband go outside yet. Sure enough, they had stolen his subwoofer and tried unsuccessfully to tear out all the cables from under the carpeting. What a mess that was. We didn't report it, but probably should have.

Expert Forum User

report it and now there is away to report online. just go on the london police website and browse around. our shed was broken into and nothing was taken i reported it just in case some teens are found walking around with bolt cutters in the neighbourhood.

I've downsized to a sweet little yellow brick home in Old East. My backyard is a haven for birds :)

Report it and record the incident number just in case. We had the driver's window smashed, CDs and some loose change taken. Cops told me a mini-van up the street was hit the same night. Now I leave it unlocked and nothing in it.
    Love seeketh not itself to please,
    Nor for itself hath any care,
    But for another gives its ease,
    And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.

- William Blake (1757 - 1827)

I just remembered.. my mom said a few cars were broken into on their street over the weekend.. they couldn't get into my parents van. so they did some other damage instead.. it was easily fixed.

Thats shitty. I know if we slip up locking that our change gets stole from our vehicle. My brothers car was broken into this week-end when he came down for our cousins wedding. (at the reception) They took his GPS but thankfully left his wallet, and kids gaming systems behind.

Leaves you with a shitty feeling though eh? I'd call the non emerg line especially about the window. I think hunting motion cameras in the right place would be so nice for situs.like that. It would be nice to put a face to who the heck pulls shit like that.
    Last edited by my2babies; 07-11-2011 at 11:10 AM.

Omg!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast