Red face Yup I'm this far behind the times

please explain pay pal to me...I just set up an account and have no idea how it works LOL. When you're looking to get money from someone do they send it to your e-mail??? Yeah I'm pre-coffee and will admit ignorance.

thanks for holding my hand LOL
    www.themonkeysinmyhead.com A blog so my family and friends can come with me as I stumble through mama-hood

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Yes they send it to the email address associated with the account. Paypal is fun times!
    LondonMoms has really gone downhill, ever since they started chit chatting in the home and garden forum. There is a place for chit chat, people!!!

okay so a merchant wants to buy my stuff, I send them my e-mail address and they just send money there??? wow, that's kind of brilliant! how have I never done this before??? LOL
    www.themonkeysinmyhead.com A blog so my family and friends can come with me as I stumble through mama-hood

Yep that's how it goes. Now there might be fees associated, I know there are if they use a credit card, I am more versed on paying than being paid LOL. But yes, send the email, money appears in your account.
    LondonMoms has really gone downhill, ever since they started chit chatting in the home and garden forum. There is a place for chit chat, people!!!

If it's an echeck, that means it's not cleared yet. Do not send goods! Paypal should tell you that tho.

magic! hehe thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrrah View Post
    If it's an echeck, that means it's not cleared yet. Do not send goods! Paypal should tell you that tho.
    good to know!

I've only dealt with it for buying and through ebay mostly. So I just hit 'pay now' so it's quite simple but I was going to mention, set up a folder or somethign to save your confirmation emails and stuff, just to be on the safe side.
    Sometimes people will try to say they overpaid you or they didn't receive funds etc, and you need confirmation to track it.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc