Thread: Reliance

Default Reliance

I need some help in regards to Reliance. I got a message from them yesterday saying that the last bill I paid was March. I have proof that I paid though. I called them this morning to find out what's going on. They said that yes, I have been paying monthly BUT it's paying the bill at the old place. Not my new one. So I owe over $140 for my new place. I told them to transfer the services to my new place back in April. They told me that I have to come up with this money again in order to close the account at the other place. After I pay it, it will be transfered and credited to my account at a later date. I told them I couldn't. I don't have the money. I'm a stay at home mom, my bf is having problems with work. His boss hasn't given him any pay since he's started. They are still insisting on me paying for their mistake regardless. In the end, I will only be credited the extra $140 NOT the money I've been paying since April, why can't they just close the account and credit me the money I've already paid? I'm at a loss because I don't have the money that they want. I won't have it for quite some time and because of it I'm at risk of being cut off. What can I do?

Sorry to hear you're having issues with them. I've had issues with them in the past. Just be persistent, speak with a manager if you have to - continue to ask them the “why“. They continually said to me something about “I'm sorry for the difficulties you're going through“ or something like that. I finally said at the end of one of my statements “Yeah, I get you're sorry. Here's what I can do. You either take it or you don't - but I'm willing to work with you...I'm sure a manager can work this out“.

Just be persistent and take it to a higher authority - I do know that their main call centre is not in Canada - a guy who installed a new water heater for us gave us a number to the Canada centre...but I can't find it!
    Good Luck!!
    Custom made hats, headbands and more for you and your favourite little person
    www.facebook.com/lilaslids

Facebook SPECIAL Like our page and all beanies and visor hats are $15 or 2 for $25 **regular $20 each!!

Expert Forum User

They have an office in London. Maybe make a trip to the office and talk to someone in person?

Quote Originally Posted by Jul205 View Post
    Sorry to hear you're having issues with them. I've had issues with them in the past. Just be persistent, speak with a manager if you have to - continue to ask them the “why“. They continually said to me something about “I'm sorry for the difficulties you're going through“ or something like that. I finally said at the end of one of my statements “Yeah, I get you're sorry. Here's what I can do. You either take it or you don't - but I'm willing to work with you...I'm sure a manager can work this out“.

Just be persistent and take it to a higher authority - I do know that their main call centre is not in Canada - a guy who installed a new water heater for us gave us a number to the Canada centre...but I can't find it!
    Good Luck!!
    I never even thought about going higher up. I hate confrontation. When I've been on the phone with issues before (because this isn't my 1st problem with them) I let them talk me into paying an extra $30 a month for furnace protection. Even though I said no originally, they put it on. I called them to sort it out and in the end just paid it because I didn't want to problems. But I don't want to go through this again. I don't think I should have to pay all this money out to them for their f**k-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyLove View Post
    They have an office in London. Maybe make a trip to the office and talk to someone in person?
    That's an idea. Thank you! I'd rather that then talk over the phone.

Expert Forum User

I would go in if you can.
    Or if you do call- i perfer calling. GIve them no space to down talk you. Talk to a manager and get your point across.
    Love isn't love till you give it away.

Expert Forum User

This is what I do when I call about their screw ups (anyone Relianace, Rogers, Bell etc.) Call and explain your situation, when they say you have to do this this and this say no I want to talk to your manager. They may try to convince you not to but be persistant, I WANT TO TALK TO YOUR MANAGER, you clearly can't help me so get your manager.

When you do get a manager do not let them talk. Tell them your issue, then tell them what their employee told you and say this is not acceptable blah blah and then sneak in at the end oh and can I get your employee number? lol, always scares the crap out of them. If he tells you the same thing as the last guy ask to talk to his boss and start all over again. Also read over your contract to make sure it doesn't say anywhere that you need to give them written notice 2 months in advance or something stupid like that. Good luck

Expert Forum User

Working at a call center I can tell you that giving my employee # does not bother me. Just FYI.

Bethanyrose- the information I sent to you about my own business-we also handle water heater rentals. PM me and I can give you all the details.
    ~Cheryl~
    cherylb.acndirect.com

Expert Forum User

I worked at Stream for a few weeks as a Bell satallite tech and accounts person.. It was AWFUL.. but I did learn a few things.

If you call a company and ask (insist) to speak to a supervisior you may be put on hold for a while, but it is SO worth it! You don't have to be angry or mean or confrontational, you just have to explain the situation.

If, for any reason, the supervisor isn't able to do anything, let them know you want to cancel your water heater/furnace and pruchase one on your own, then they will transfer you to someone else (the retention line) who will try and talk you out of doing so and probably offer you something better, like a one year/month credit or something on top of crediting you back what you owe.

I think it is VERY worth it. And the more sweet and cooperative and patient you are, the more likely they will be willing to do something bigger and better for you. Just be persistant.

Continue to call until it is resolved.
    Last edited by xojessica; 06-30-2011 at 10:57 PM.
    XO
    Jessica

Independant Passion Party Consultant
    Join my group on Facebook

Talk to a supervisor.

Don't be afraid of confrontation. You don't have to be yelling and screaming.

Just mistakes were made, and now they need to be fixed.

I do have a question, did they send you a bill at your new address for your old addresses water heater?
    Or is it direct payment, and you don't actaually see the bill.

I personally would figure out as much as I can about what happened and talk to a manager. They should have records of every time you called in your account, if you have dates.

I find the “I don't know what happened, but as you can see I've never missed a payment/ really try to make all my payments on time.“ approach can work. As well as the, “I know how busy you guys get, these things happen, but we know and can fix it“ approach.
    The “lying scumbags trying to rip me off“ approach doesn't tend to work, unless you can move above the call center level.