Default Have any of you experienced this

Since I started FFing (cobe was a wekk old when I started) he has been able to suck the nipple so hard that he compresses the nipple (if you know what i mean) so once I figured he could handle it I switched to the next nipple size hoping it wouldn't happen...guess again he has been compressing that since he was 2 months old ...one time he compressed it so much that when i took the bottle out of his mouth that the nipple got sucked into the bottom of the bottle....I even take the bottle out of his mouth every so often like 2 or 3 minutes and it is compressed by that time...

Anyone else have a child that does this? He is only 5 months old and already using a nipple that claims they are for 12 months and up...just wondering what else you ladies may have done

Just thought I share this with you...I actually am not worried but find it kind of funny...
    Last edited by Becks; 02-12-2008 at 06:35 AM.
    Becky Mom to X and C

just thought I would bump this up really looking for suggestions...
    Becky Mom to X and C

bumping again....
    Becky Mom to X and C

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Have you tried widening the holes in the nipples? Have you asked your Dr.? It doesn't have to be a medical problem to ask about infant feeding issues.

well I have talked to the doctor about it but he said nothing to be concerned about...he is using the 12 month size nipples so the flow is fast ...I guess maybe I should just conclude that he is a piggy piggy...and can't get enough at once lol
    Becky Mom to X and C

I find when the nipples that I have (for the bottles) start to do that they need replacing. Nice new ones (I use Gerber Clearview) are a slippery plastic and the slipperyness washes away after a bit so maybe just replace them and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy of 2 View Post
    I find when the nipples that I have (for the bottles) start to do that they need replacing. Nice new ones (I use Gerber Clearview) are a slippery plastic and the slipperyness washes away after a bit so maybe just replace them and see what happens.
    yea I thought that at first too.. but they are all like not even a month old and then I end up switching to a bigger size....
    Becky Mom to X and C

My LO was doing that, and it took me a while to figure out it was because I was shaking the bottle with the nipple on while the formula was still too warm, and this caused the nipple to compress. I'm sure this isn't the problem but just thought i would throw it out there???

What kind of formula is it that you are using??? Our dd was on a thicker formula and she was on the 12 month ones very early too.
    Catherine
    Mama of 2 wonderful Children,
    July 2006 & January 2008

he is eating the parent's choice (walmart brand).....I am not sure if it is overly thick.....but that never occured to e about the formula being thicker
    Becky Mom to X and C