Default Minister of education visiting my kids daycare program..

So, tomorrow the minister of education is visiting my kids early years centre at our school...my ds has been part of the government pilot program for JK/SK for the past 2 years. We all had to sign waivers and they are really trying to get centre ready for this visit. I'm not sure what it is going to be about??...appararently they are to make an announcement, with news coverage. They are coming to London, to our school, to show how successful it is. I'm happy the program is doing well but really angry our school is in the last phase (2014) of full-day learning...we all thought they would choose us because of the success..but, I'm thinking we didn't get it as it costs government nothing for this pilot, parents pay f/t daycare fees. I really hope they don't just use our centre to say how great this program is when it doesn't really seem very thought out and well planned in other schools....we will find out tomorrow I guess!

Administrator Site Admin

I'm confused? You have to pay for it?

My son is all day every day JK and we don't pay anything!
    Leslie

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    I'm confused? You have to pay for it?

My son is all day every day JK and we don't pay anything!
    Yes, since we started a 'pilot' in sept. of 2009 our kids are in 1/2 days with teacher and ECE then the other 1/2 with ECE continuing curriculum (and working with other afternoon JK/SK class). We pay full price as the kids are technically in daycare for over 7 hours...LOndon children's connection provides ECE's..therefore we pay. When they rolled this pilot out it was thought we'd get the funding to continue it but, they were wrong. It was the government who approved the pilot working with school board and daycare...I don't know what s going on tomorrow...I was considering keeping my dd out of the pilot when I heard we weren't getting program until 2014, it's just I really am happy with how it is working..my ds is doing so great full-time in his class and I love the teachers...I guess on principal it us disappointing.