Thread: Simply Kids

Default Simply Kids

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this - A friend of mine is looking at registering their kids in this centre and I said I would see if I can find any information about it first. Good or bad have you heard anything about it? I believe it is off Oxford but I could be wrong.

Thanks,
    Zachary ^i^ Aug 9/01
    Caleb & Benjamin July 13/02
    Jackson February 13/07

I sent my kids there a few years ago... I pulled them out within a few weeks. I wouldn't recommend them.

Expert Forum User

Sorry - have never been into the centre itself. Know peers who worked there and quit cause of conflict with management....but that is a work perspective rather then a program perspective.

Can always check out the Ministry website and if their licenses has any 'terms or conditions' as this is usually an indicator that they are not following the basic health and safety rules...and in my opinoin if these are lacking chances are so are many of the other things that make a quality program.

http://www.children.gov.on.ca/mcys/english/index.asp

I always suggest parents spend as much time 'in' a program as they can and at different times of the day to get a feel for the staff....people are always on their best behaviour for a tour but it gets hard to keep that it up if it is not your natural practice....spend time in the program and see how staff interact with kids or management interacts with staff!

Addie's Mom

Quote Originally Posted by totallyawake View Post
    I always suggest parents spend as much time 'in' a program as they can and at different times of the day to get a feel for the staff....people are always on their best behaviour for a tour but it gets hard to keep that it up if it is not your natural practice....spend time in the program and see how staff interact with kids or management interacts with staff!
    I would have to agree with totallyawake. I havent heard excellent reviews about the centre either. And I know of staff that have had difficulties there as well. Maybe its possible for your friend to have a few visits before actually enrolling their child.