Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Mama's Got Swag: HEY MONKEY!

Hey Monkey sock monkey's take an old idea and make it fabulous. Krissie takes the softest socks and turns them into fantastic creations that both you and your kids will adore. Don't let the name fool you, this talented Mama can turn socks into a menagerie of animals like pigs, cats, dogs, reindeer, bunnies, and lions.
    Krissie made a monkey for my newborn baby boy and a set of three little piggies for my three kids. I had seen her creations before, but nothing compared to the personalization and detail she had gone into for these four little creatures. The monkey (who we named Monking) had my names son embroidered down his long tail, a crown fit for a king, a sweet little knit sweater, and a scar and smile to match my sons. There is no doubt who this monkey belongs to! The piggies were equally gorgeous, each with an initial to match their owners' and accessories to make them unique.

I can't say enough how much I love Krissie's creations, but my opinion doesn't matter nearly as much as my kids' and all three of them adore their special little animals! On any given night, my son can be found wrestling in his crib with Monking, the girls tucked in tightly with their piggies. It's been almost a year and a half since they received their prized animals and they still look fantastic. The craftsmanship is unparalleled!

The beauty of her work is that they are so customizable. From their clothes, to their colour, to any little details that make your child unique and can be put on a monkey. They make the absolute perfect gift for a new baby, toddler, child, and even teens who need a reminder of just how special and unique they are. They have become my go-to gift for the really special people in our lives.

~

I bet your child has some sort of special cuddly stuffie. Most kids do right? But is it as unique as them? Was it created just for them? Well that is exactly what Hey Monkey offers. When I first approached Krissie about monkeys for my kids I had no idea just what an amazing product I was getting. All I was thinking was that MY little monkeys needed some sock monkeys of their own.

We talked about things that were important to me. I wanted them to sort of match. Like a brother/sister pair. I wanted their names on them somewhere because I was hoping they would become a treasured keepsake. I wanted something Irish if possible. Oh and my daughter was going to be 6 so I wanted her to be able to dress hers or do something with it other than just cuddle. Krissie also made sure she knew a bit about my children and their personalities too. Needless to say, my simple sock monkeys were sure to need a bit more effort and thought than I had intended.

Krissie took on the challenge without even batting an eye! She searched high and low for the perfect green polkadot material and matching green sweat shirt material. She gave my daughters monkey a swim suit (did I mention she loves to swim?) and matching dress. My little guys had the most adorable sweater and tie. Their names found a home on the tails, which I have to say was perfect since my daughters name is not short.

However the best part - the part that makes us laugh to this day - is how Krissie got their expressions just right. My daughter's sweet and sassy smile and our sons cheeky disposition. They were perfect! They are perfect. To this day these two monkeys hold a special place in my children's hearts. They love that they both have one and that they match. They love that they are cute and cuddly. Most of all they love that they were made with care just for them!!

~

You can find Hey Monkey on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/hey.monkey.sock.monkeys?sk=wall or contact Krissie through email at hey.monkey.monkeys@gmail.com She is fabulous to work with and looking forward to customizing the perfect creation for you!

I know you are itching to get your hands on your own special monkey! You have three chances to win a $42 gift certificate for Hey Monkey!

1. Send an email to jill@londonmoms.ca with MONKEY in the subject line. Be sure to include your username in the email.
    2. LIKE LondonMoms on Facebook AND in a wall post mention Hey Monkey. http://www.facebook.com/pages/LondonMomsca/147333808651380
    3. LIKE Hey Monkey on Facebook AND in a wall post let Krissie know you read the review here. http://www.facebook.com/hey.monkey.sock.monkeys?sk=info

Contest closes FRIDAY, JUNE 10 at 8pm. Good luck!

Awesome!! I so want one!
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

Expert Forum User

Oh me too!! When we have some extra cash to spend I SOO want the girls to have their own monkey!! I know they'd LOVE them!

Krissie is just so friggin' talented!!
    XO
    Jessica

Independant Passion Party Consultant
    Join my group on Facebook

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Entered all three ways. I really want to win this one
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

Expert Forum User

I love love love these!!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Happily Ever After View Post
    Entered all three ways. I really want to win this one
    Ditto!
    Mama of two little beauties and one handsome little man!
    Diaper cakes and more: http://www.abcgiftboutique.ca

I cant enter on the LMs FB page It just shows up as LMs doing it if I do.

Don't miss the monkey's!

Hey, anyone have a monkey they want to post a picture of, just to tease everyone entering the contest?

Expert Forum User

I also entered all 3 ways. Really want this one! Choose me please! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by princess2808 View Post
    I cant enter on the LMs FB page It just shows up as LMs doing it if I do.
    Do you have a smart phone? I find if I do it that way it shows up as me, not LM's. Tell your DH to enter it for you, I'll know who he is.

I have a smart phone but when I go there it shows as LMS posting too. I'll send DH lol.

So, no one wants to show off their monkey's?

I'll show off my monkey if I win one in the contest I entered all three ways!!

Expert Forum User

I entered all three ways! Jake was looking over my shoulder and just informed me that he neeeeeeeds one

Jake &Tate

Expert Forum User

They're really awesome. In the pic I especially love the one holding the baby - the expression on its face is just so snuggly and cosy looking.

I don't do Facebook, but I emailed and crossed my fingers!
    Last edited by PicklePig; 06-08-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast