Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default sorry if you are on the Red team, for Soccer.

Grrrr

So Noah had Soccer again this Saturday He is soooo intimidated when the other team has parents on the field. He will take the ball from any kids he is playing against, but he will NOT take the ball from parents.

This week , I just kept telling Noah, not to worry about the parents on the field, The teams each have 8-10 players, and the Red team had 8-10 kids and 8-10 parents on the field!!

I am so frustrated I talked to our coach about it and told him I was going to e mail a convener, but he talked to one today and the convener actually seen all the parents on the field, holding their kids hands and directing them down the field.

Noah loves to play but is so intimidated about the parents on the field

Some of the red team parents were accusing us of being overly competitive, but really we stay off the field and let our kids play. They drag their kids down the field

so pissed off right now, I'm sorry if any of the red team are LM's but it was just so unfair,

but our team still scored more goals, without parental help.

Expert Forum User

But in the info. I was sent (Nor'west), parents aren't allowed on the field. We haven't even started because of the rain, so good for Noah that atleast he can get out.
    So what gives? I can see a little one being clingy with Mom or Dad. That happens. But that many adults not getting off the field because so-in-so is still on the field with their child and not leaving would drive anyone.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

yeah i didnt think that they could go on the field as well!! The parents should just let the kids have fun!

sorry Noah has to deal with that
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

Expert Forum User

SOHO and Somewhere between here and there.

Sorry to hear that Tan. That sounds like a circus with so many people (especially adults) on the field.

Some parents probably do it, and then the other feel the need to do it, because otherwise their kids aren't going to move either with the adults on the field...........really not fair.

Sometimes kids just need a game or two to warm up to particpating in the game, but it won't happen if their parents keep going on the field.

I hope they clear it up soon for you guys.

DS starts soccer next Saturday, I switched leagues, because I found it a little chaotic where he was last year. I liked the league mind you, but kind of chaotic.

I think they should let the parents on the field for the first 10 min. because IME some kids are intimidated by everything too much to play on their own, and that sucks too. (my daughter) I think had I been able to go out there with her for a bit it would have given her the confidence to play on her own. Instead we showed up many weeks just to watch other kids play from the sidelines.

That's why we did the spectrum parent and tot soccer with our middle child and that went over allot better. My oldest is just to competitive she got really frustrated that all kids weren't given a fair shot at the ball as there always seemed to be a star on the team that hogged the ball.

DS's coach told us on the first day that parents are allowed on the field at any time - even during the game. He said it's up to the parents whether they go on the field with their child or not - some kids need their parents, some don't. Strange that different teams in the same Soccer Club are told different things. Perhaps the Red team got the same instructions we received from DS's coach. BTW, DS is not on the Red team - just sharing what his coach told all the parents on his team.

Banned

Our Coach told us the first game that parents are not allowed on the field when a game is in progress.

he is really good about encouraging the kids that are shy to join in the game.

Before the game the parents help the kids warm up with the coach.

The actual game is only about 15-20 minutes really.

Expert Forum User

Wow, I am surprised that parents were allowed on the field. We were not allowed on the field when the kids played in Lambeth and they were only 3 years old at the time.

When my kids played in Lambeth there were parents on the field. Drove me nuts as my kids are super shy and they found it intimidating to play with all the parents around them.
    Mom of 2 girls, unschooler, feminist, runner and just general lover of life.

Need a doula or prenatal classes? www.babeezeinarms.com

"Me thinks that the moment my legs began to move, my thoughts began to flow."
    - Henry David Thoreau

"
    Children are not our own art products to be turned out well, but their own life work in continual process. -Jan Fortune Wood"

Expert Forum User

I am not on the red team
    My partner or I do accompany our DD on the field. She has gross motor difficulties and helps to keep her from falling when her hand is held. She is also only 2 1/2 and intimidated by other more aggressive/assertive players. I understand not having 10 parents on the field but I don't have a problem with 2 or 3 especially since the children are so young.

Quote Originally Posted by lhiannan View Post
    I am not on the red team
    My partner or I do accompany our DD on the field. She has gross motor difficulties and helps to keep her from falling when her hand is held. She is also only 2 1/2 and intimidated by other more aggressive/assertive players. I understand not having 10 parents on the field but I don't have a problem with 2 or 3 especially since the children are so young.
    Same. and same team. Nate has one of us on the field, well when he's on the field that is. He's pretty intimidated by all the kids. Some kids need their parents still at three. Maybe I'm not understanding...are the parents playing?
    Cole is 8 years old! January, 2005
    Nate is 5 years old! January, 2008
    Judah is 2 years old! October, 2010
    Avery Grace born & passed Feb 4, 2007.

"Why did I not know that birth is the pinnacle where women discover the courage to become mothers?"
    Anita Diamant (The Red Tent)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    Same. and same team. Nate has one of us on the field, well when he's on the field that is. He's pretty intimidated by all the kids. Some kids need their parents still at three. Maybe I'm not understanding...are the parents playing?
    actually, a parent did kick the ball down the field, another threw the ball down the field.

The problem I have is that Noah who is not agressive is VERY intimidated by the parents on the field. He will not try to kick the ball past a parent holding their childs hand or take the ball from a child if they are with a parent.

Just picture Noah with the ball, trying to go down the field but being surrounded by parents and kids holding hands, I could not see Noah because of this The parents are leading their kids around the field and running down the field dragging their child after the ball.

Maybe the age group is too wide Noah is a pretty mature 4 year old.

It just doesn't seem fair to the kids that want to play, but won't because they are intimidated by adults , makes me feel pretty shitty about the whole thing really

Expert Forum User

Out where we play soccer, our kids don't start until they are 4 years old and the parents are not allowed on the field with the kids.
    I hope Noah has a much better time at soccer the next time he plays
    Kim
    Mom to four great kids: Hunter, Trent, Emma and Logan

Expert Forum User

Oh Tan,
    I feel you pain. Our LO is terrified of our coach. Hides from him constantly. She's also quite intimidated by all of the parents.

We're having a hard time getting her to go out to the field, and I assume that it's 1/2 her attitude and the other half that there's so many parents out there. So then, we end up going out there with her. Viscious cycle.
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
    Oh Tan,
    I feel you pain. Our LO is terrified of our coach. Hides from him constantly. She's also quite intimidated by all of the parents.

We're having a hard time getting her to go out to the field, and I assume that it's 1/2 her attitude and the other half that there's so many parents out there. So then, we end up going out there with her. Viscious cycle.
    yes I think this is part of it. Noah asked me to go on the field with him, I was SOOOO tempted but I didn't , Noah is a good little soccer player and I'm looking forward to next year already

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast