Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twin Names

Default Twin Names

I am having twin girls!

The names I have picked are:

Alesha & Alexis

I also have another daughter who name starts with an A

Picking all A names was not our intention, it just happened that way. Do you think these names are to close??? I feel the only thing similar about the names is that they all start with A, but I would like other opinions.
    Last edited by sweethearts; 05-25-2011 at 04:09 PM.

both names are great.

The only thing I would caution you from is they are too similar.

There are people who won't take the time to get to know the girls individually, and having similar names is one more thing that will blend them, rather than give them separate identities.

Expert Forum User

LOL! I have to say, I'm in love with your choice of Alesha!!
    Because it's my name, same spelling.

If i had a twin sister, I always thought that her name would be Ashley. But I really love Alexis with it too! Lexi is a cute nickname.
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!

Expert Forum User

It all depends if you will be calling them by their full names all the time.
    I agree with PP that some ppl will not get to knoow them enough to know the difference.
    Love isn't love till you give it away.

Thanks for the weigh in so far.....but I am really hoping for more responses....

Expert Forum User

I am not a fan of twin names starting with the same letter or rhyming etc..

I talked to a lot of twin moms before naming our children and especially with the same gender it can be hard for them to be identified as individuals instead of twins by others.

I do love the name Lexie. I would have considered it for our DD if DH would have agreed to it.

Also, I have a family member that named all three girls similiar names and I am constantly trying to make sure I say the right name to the right child because of their similiarity. Others often confuse them and it can be quite the tongue twister.

If you love the names, then go with your heart!
    Last edited by twinmommy; 05-25-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I have to agree about them sounding similar and think giving them more individualized names would help ppl see them as individuals. I love Lexie! What about changing the second name to Lexie instead of alexis
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Banned

I have two kids that are named Braxton and Brooklyn and having the first two letters the same, is too close lol.

Always people confuse the names and when I'm calling one or the other, I always stumble lol

They are adopted by us so we did not choose their names but I do love both names

I'm just glad Andrew wasnt' a girl, he would have been Brianna/Brianne

I have twin nephews that have amazing names that are totally different Connor and Jackson

Why not search out the LMBA on facebook and ask the multiple moms there? You'll get their perspective.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Do you think you'd call her Lex or Lexi more than her full name? Or are you a full name kind of person?
    On the one hand, my first impluse would be t osay they're too close and you don't want to go with the old way of making the twins like a set, instead of individuals.
    On the other hand, if your third child is an A name too, it could be a family pattern/theme, not just the twins, so it's like yo'ure naming them how you would if they WERE born one at a time, y'know?

So I'd say go with your gut. If you truly love those two names, go with it. You can prove you're not lumping them as one with how you behave to them, talk about them, dress them, give gifts to them, etc.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by sweethearts View Post
    Thanks for the weigh in so far.....but I am really hoping for more responses....
    Okay, so if you want to go with the “A“ theme - which I love by the way, here's a few other options:

Alesha and Annessa
    Alesha and Arabella
    Alesha and Amelia
    Alesha and Arianna
    Alesha and Abigail
    Alesha and Amberley

or

Alexis and Audrey
    Alexis and Arlene
    Alexis and Aurora
    Alexis and Angelina
    Alexis and Autumn
    Alexis and Adelle
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!

Expert Forum User

My twins names are

Emma Leigh and Jenna Mae

they sound great together (IMO anyway lol) and are not “to twinish or close“ and yet we still have people mix them up (thinking Emma is Jenna type mix up) not as often now that they are 9 as when they were little but it does still happen.

I think you name choices are great and I don't think they are to sim. it does not matter what you name them, they WILL be mixed up anyway lol. That is just part of the joys of twins

Stand in the middle of your living room and say the names outloud repeatedly like your calling them for dinner, calling them in from the yard or calling them from their room to go have bath time. Then say it a few times like they are misbehaving (yes, that day will come! lol)

If you can say the names out loud over and over again without getting tongue tied then I think your good! LOL

You never want to get tongue tied when your mad. They will just laugh at you

Congrats!
    Deb - proud wife and mum of identical twin boys and a baby girl

A photography student...follow me as I keep learning more and more!
    www.facebook.com/DeborahGibbsPhotography

www.deborahgibbsphotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyMumma View Post
    Stand in the middle of your living room and say the names outloud repeatedly like your calling them for dinner, calling them in from the yard or calling them from their room to go have bath time. Then say it a few times like they are misbehaving (yes, that day will come! lol)

If you can say the names out loud over and over again without getting tongue tied then I think your good! LOL

You never want to get tongue tied when your mad. They will just laugh at you

Congrats!

This sounds like a FAB. idea! I personally am not a fan of similar names or all names beginning the same. I agree with the above post that you want them to have their own identities. I have twin nephews that are Tyler and Tyson and I already have them confused and don't really see them as individuals, but more like the same person (being identical and all). Obviously they are two separate people but even if yuo shorten their names they both would be Ty. If it were me I would avoid this. However, if you ABSOLUTELY love them then I really like this idea of yelling their names out a million times to see if you get tongue tied or not!!!

Looking to rid chemicals from your home and start living a healthier lifestyle? Message me and I'll show you how![/B]

I agree with the majority of the posters that the names are too similar. I also personally do not like it when all children in a family have the same letter at the beginning of their name. I still frequently confuse ADULT siblings who have similar sounding names.
    Former Username JOTR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast