THE MIRACLE IN YOU
Food for thought
The human body is the most complicated system in the world. We see with it, hear with it, breathe with it, walk and run with it, and sense pleasure with it. Itís bones, muscles, arteries, veins and internal organs are all organized with marvellous design, and when we examine this design in detail we find even more amazing facts. Every part of the body, though each may seem to be so different from another, is made up of the same material: cells.
Each of which these cells are one thousandth of a millimetre and are the structural units that form our body and everything in it. Some of these cells unite to form bones, others to form nerves, the liver, the inner layer of the stomach, the skin or the cornea of the eyeball. Each has the size and shape that exactly meet the requirement of that part of the body.
Here are some amazing facts about your body:
- Fact: In one square inch of skin there are 77 ft of nerve fibres, 1300 nerve cells, 100 sweat glands, 3 million cells, and 3 yards of blood vessels.
- Fact: Except for your brain cells, 50,000,000 of the cells in your body will have died and been replaced with others, all while you have been reading this sentence.
- Fact: The adult heart beats about 40,000,000 times a year. In one hour the heart works hard enough to produce enough energy to raise almost one ton of weight one yard from the ground.
- Fact: The liver is often called the body's chemical factory. Scientists have counted over 500 liver functions.
- Fact: The central nervous system is connected to every part of the body by 43 pairs of nerves. Twelve pairs go to and from the brain, with 31 pairs going from the spinal cord. There are nearly 45 miles of nerves running through our bodies.
- Fact: A new stomach lining is formed every 3 days and a new liver every 6 weeks.
- Fact: It is clear your body has an inborn intelligence that regulates, heals, and oversees all the functions of the cells, glands and organs.
- Fact: Chiropractic adjustments remove interference from the nerve system allowing your bodyís intelligence to organize and optimize every action your body requires.
- Fact:Chiropractic care will move you closer to your full potential in every area of life.
Dr .Laura Gravelle 519-671-4850 Gravelle Family Chiropractic