bleuhorizons

Default constant waking up crying after going to bed...

Katie is definitely a new case for me....she's been having a rough go of it lately and I can't seem to see my hand in front of my face for dealing with it! Its not just the bottles. I'm not worried about taking away the daytime ones, ie. nap and before bed...but her night waking is concerning me. It was once, now its twice or more and once this week she was up for 6 hours in the night crying off and on! She has soothers etc, Ocean Wonders toy....but she just doesn't seem to be able to stay asleep and not wake up crying. I've covered the diaper, hunger, thirst, pain bases and still every night...

I think she is experiencing SOME discomfort from teething...she has been cutting her first molars. But in my experience with her so far...its mostly been red cheeks for a day then it cuts and she's fine. The night waking appears unrelated to her teething...giving her Motrin for pain etc does nothing. Now she did have a cold recently and is no longer "sick" but still rumbly in the chest. Is it possible I'm missing something? Or is this just her and she'll grow out of it? I'm still kinda worried about her eating habits though her weight is fine too.

I am just going to throw this out there for thought. Could it be that she's having separation anxiety at night??? My daughter was about 15 months old and she was a great sleeper. Then all of a sudden for about a month she woke up 2 to 5 times a night just wailing She only settled when I brought her into my bed and cuddled with her. Which is so not like me because I like every one to have their own bed to sleep in. I was such a zoombie for that month though. Then all of a sudden she went back to sleeping through the night again.

bleuhorizons

oh i wish it were that!! if i bring her to my bed she thinks shes up to play and is up half the night!

LOL Yep that's why I felt like a zombie. When I brought her into my bed she'd cat nap then poke her finger in my eye, then cuddle, followed by jumping, then I think we'd slept for a bit

Expert Forum User

What you are describing is how my daughter acts when she has an ear infection. For her it is the ONLY symptom. Tylenol and Motrin do not help. She never runs a fever even with bad ones. She does not pull at or poke her ears, is happy during the day.... literally the only thing is being up all night crying for no apparent reason. I figure with her it is the lying down part that makes it hurt more. She's usually tired enough to fall asleep ok but then is up again. May not be what is going on for you but this would be my guess if we were talking about my daughter. A quick trip to the dr. wouldn't hurt at any rate. Good luck with that... I know what it feels like!!!

Savannah did that for a few nights in her crib. I think she was having nightmares. She would wake up suddenly and cry very hard. I would go in and see if she was ok. She wouldn't even let me put her back in her crib. However she would sleep in bed with me. But I had to hold her tight. Which is not like her at all.

We put her in her own bed. And she has never done it since. I hope you find out what it is. Maybe something's bothering her, teeth, ear hurts? could be anything with little ones..

If it's not normal for her to be acting this way. Then something is wrong.. you jus have to find out what it is.. haha that's the tricky part for us parents
    Savannah (July 17,05)
    Riley (Sept 14, 2007)

bleuhorizons

I think it became habit. Actually she's almost done cutting her 1 yr molars so maybe thats more of it than I thought. I think she'll grow out of this on her own actually...thats more and more how its seeming...

Savannah was also like that when she was cutting her molars. I would give her before bed oral jel. Or this stuff at shoppers called little teethers (I think) on her gums. Then give her some pain meds for her pain. She seemed to be pretty good through the night.

I knwo those teeth can be little buggers at times.
    Savannah (July 17,05)
    Riley (Sept 14, 2007)