Thread: sleep

Expert Forum User

Default sleep

i am 34 weeks preggers and unable to sleep for anthing longer then 2 hours. my 2 yr old is up through the night to pee or for a drink, i have to pee, heartburn, leg cramps etc... then i take forever to fall asleep again. i am still working FT and i am exhuasted! any suggestions. i have treid the bath ,warm milk thing and that kind of thing doesn't work and isnt really practical at 2 am! i fell like if i could just have a good stretch of sleep i would feel alot better. does anyone go thru the same thing?

Expert Forum User

I went through exactly the same thing (minus the 2 year old ). Unfortunately I don't have a lot of advice except maybe to limit your fluids after a certain time to at minimize your pee breaks in the night It always frustrated me because I knew I wouldn't get any sleep after the LO was born, but couldn't get sleep beforehand either!! {{HUGS}}
    Mum to Alyssa (born April 30, 2005)

Expert Forum User

within walking distance of downtown but a good part

have you tried sleeping while sitting? i found i slept better in my parents lazy-boy or on the couch sitting up , better then laying in bed, i couldnt lay on my back because i buised my tail bone, try it, or if possible i found i slept better in the mornings then at night so i switched my shift to nights , made it easier... but it was just me and my df , no other kids.. well our dog

I sell AVON I sell SCENTSY JOIN THE PARTY!

ohh I went through the exact same thing..my little guy was just over 3 though..and it was hell...I honestly dont remember what I did except dh really helped a lot when he was home....so in the evenings I would sleep on the sofa after ds went to bed and I slept a lot better on the sofa then in bed...ohh I also wouldn't allow dh to sleep with me once I reached a certain point...the bed wasn't big enough...lol well it was but I didn't want it to be ..lol
    but I just tried to sleep whenever dh was around so that I knew I didn't have to worry about ds
    Becky Mom to X and C

Expert Forum User

i am doing all of these things and i think its just getting to me now because i know sleep is out the window once baby comes and its just frustrating that i can't rest now. unfortunatly dh conviently doesn't hear ds in the night or early morning so its ALWAYS me getting up. i could kick him 3 or 4 times before he will move and by then i am awke so i just do it myself!! GRRR.
    thanks ladies for letting me vent!

Nicole&Grant

I slept propped up with pillows, sort of in the corner where the bed met the wall. I used about 6 pillows and was still able to sleep on my side but being up high enough it didn't cause any heartburn which was heaven in itself lol.

As for your DH, have you had a really good talk with him? If that didn't work give him a good boot out of bed and the harder he falls he just may get the point lol.

I don't know but if you find me can you send me home???

Take a calcium/magnesium supplement, works WONDERS!!! I swear and my midwife swears......

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by angela View Post
    i am doing all of these things and i think its just getting to me now because i know sleep is out the window once baby comes and its just frustrating that i can't rest now. unfortunatly dh conviently doesn't hear ds in the night or early morning so its ALWAYS me getting up. i could kick him 3 or 4 times before he will move and by then i am awke so i just do it myself!! GRRR.
    thanks ladies for letting me vent!
    Ugh, we're living the same nightmare right now!! I already don't sleep through the night and DD is regressing to that cry-for-mom phase for some reason?? I'm so tired most days, I could cry.
    DH's best line is "Are you okay? Can I do anything?" after I've stumbled out of bed, moaning from the pain in my back and hips to get DD... yeah, get up before me!!

Expert Forum User

yeah!! i slept through the night! so did baby for a chaange! i feel alot better. i have been taking the supplements all along because i had the same issues minus the 2yr old with 1st pregnancy. as for hubby i amm being silly and doing the silent treatment right now not only because of not gettting up... a bunch of things so the talk will come! at least i know i am not the only sleep deprived and cranky during the end of all this! thanks