Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default ever made a pinata?

I've done paper mache before, but usually very simple shapes and rather smaller scale than pinatas. Like a pig, not so hard - a few sections of cardboard tupe and a curled tail!
    I'm attempting to make apinata for dd's party in 10 days. I was going to make it a strawberry shape, as it's basically just a big balloon shape, but I can't find a balloon big enough. Wondering if anyone has any other ideas of easy shapes to make.
    I might just get a punching ball from the dollar store, and make a 'beach ball' pinata lol. But looking for more interesting ideas.

I don't really want it to be a character, as the idea of beating the stuffing out of a pretty pony or pablo the penguin doesn't appeal to me. Any other ideas? Even character ones, I can just shake my head and watch them have fun
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

we have a pinata here, ready for Ls b-day. I just took a look at it, and its actually made of cardboard, not paper mache. It looks like its taped together cardboard, covered in tissue paper.
    "Anything is better than lies and deceit". Leo Tolstoy

hmm. i really want to do paper mache, i think it'd be a fun project for dd and i.
    maybe we'll just make a few balloons taped together, paint it purple and call it grapes lol.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Google “how to make strawberry pinata“ and search in blogs. There is one that comes up from a blog tradewindtiaras...sorry can't copy the link. She just used a regular balloon. You can also use a heart shaped balloon...try one of the party stores for the balloons. Also check out pinataboy.com it may give you ideas
    Seeing life through the eyes of a toddler is....AMAZING! Enjoy them while you can!

thanks! I'll do that.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11