Expert Forum User

Question Silicone mold and small ziploc bags

I bought some little ziploc bags today but they are a bit too long. I need them to JUST fit a business card. They would need to be about 4 1/4w by 2 1/2l. I got mine at my local dollarama. Would walmart carry something like that?

I am also trying to find some nice silicone molds. Nothing big as I am trying to make small samples out of wax. I found some ice cube trays and they work but are just little round circles and I want to have some shape to them.

I don't have a Michaels or anything like that. I am limited to walmart, zellers etc.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I would think wal mart and zellers should have some ice cube molds, especially this time of year. Do you have any type of craft store near by?

“life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away“

Expert Forum User

I don't think so..I am not crafty so there may be something that I am just unaware of.

I want something pretty like stars or hearts. I have circles but they are just blah looking.

Expert Forum User

Is there not a craft store on Broadway in Tillsonburg?
    Love isn't love till you give it away.

Is it just for wax? What about candy molds?
    www.themonkeysinmyhead.com A blog so my family and friends can come with me as I stumble through mama-hood

Expert Forum User

Yes wax...candy molds will work!

There use to be a craft store by the beer store in Tillsonburg..not sure if it is still there. I am in Simcoe mostly but guess I could head there tomorrow. Coyles would have something but may be a bit too pricey.

Baking section my friend! Havefun! What are you making?
    www.themonkeysinmyhead.com A blog so my family and friends can come with me as I stumble through mama-hood

Expert Forum User

wax scent samples Everyone loves a free sample so I have to get busy.

So any baking section will carry these? Like walmart and zellers?

lol..not a crafty person or a baker..can you tell.

They should. I know bulk barrel carries them

Also dollar store has small ziplocks in the craft section

Another option is to use an empty Scentsy wax container and make the samples out of that - then they are about the right size for someone to try out in their warmer. I know a lot of people in our team have had luck in various dollar stores in the seasonal sections, and sometimes in thrift stores. There is lots of great information on the Scentsy forum. Does your team have a page? Who is your sponsor?? If you have facebook I could always add you to our team's private group which is FULL of ideas and information We're mostly through SW Ontario - London, Strathroy, Sarnia, Niagara Falls...
    Custom made hats, headbands and more for you and your favourite little person
    www.facebook.com/lilaslids

Facebook SPECIAL Like our page and all beanies and visor hats are $15 or 2 for $25 **regular $20 each!!

Expert Forum User

I did get some at the dollar store but they are just ok. I would like them to be a little smaller..just to fit a business card without all the extra space on top. I can make these work but would like to keep my eye out.

We don't even have a bulk barrel but there is talk of one going in! But that doesn't help me now..lol.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Jul205 View Post
    Another option is to use an empty Scentsy wax container and make the samples out of that - then they are about the right size for someone to try out in their warmer. I know a lot of people in our team have had luck in various dollar stores in the seasonal sections, and sometimes in thrift stores. There is lots of great information on the Scentsy forum. Does your team have a page? Who is your sponsor?? If you have facebook I could always add you to our team's private group which is FULL of ideas and information We're mostly through SW Ontario - London, Strathroy, Sarnia, Niagara Falls...
    Yes I live on the forum. Gosh between here and my fitness forum and now scentsy I am stretching myself pretty thin..lol.

My sponser is my MIL and I am not on FB. I am just making the mold samples and sticking them in with a business card so I can pass them out for free. I don't know many people in my immediate error and my MIL stole the neighbors So I have to get my name out there.