Default First time seeing the Fertility Dr!

So I had my first visit with Dr. Hollet-Caines today! I LOVE HER!! She is so sweet and thorough.
    Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone has had the SONOHSG test and what it was like?
    Just opened a new page making adorable girly things! Headbands, clips, tutu's, etc...

https://www.facebook.com/PrettyPeanuts

Take muscle relaxants, tylenol 3's, whatever you can get your hands on before. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones and it won't be too bad, but for me it was horrible. For some it is therapeutic and it actually helps get them pg, so best of luck for good answers.

That's where they shoot die through your tubes? I didn't find it bad, just minor cramping. However I have severe endo, so I'm used to major pain. It wasn't even 1/2 as bad as my endo pain each month.

She's an amazing doc. I hope she discovers what's going on and you have a success story for us!!!!!!
    Adoptive Mommy to Evan '05 and Aiden '09

Nope, its not the dye test, they put a catheder through your cervix and push fluid through.
    Just opened a new page making adorable girly things! Headbands, clips, tutu's, etc...

Yes that sounds like the test they are talking about. they put fluid in your cervix and it goes into your tubes and then they take an xray to see if there is a blockage. Take tylenol, it does casues cramping and is very “uncomfortable“ but it was quick for me and then its cramping the rest of the day. it was well worth it though, best of luck and baby dust!
    Families are like fudge... mostly sweet with a few nuts.
    -- Author Unknown

Test was fine for me - had the worst yeast infection of my life afterwards from the test though, but I was warned that it could happen prior to the test

Expert Forum User

I had the test done and it wasn't too bad. It can also make you more fertile for your next cycle. (best of luck!) I think it took my Dr less than 5 minutes and I was able to see on a screen what my tubes looked like with the dye.

Banned

I had that test done , it made me cramp and hurt but afterwords I was fine,

Conceived my DD on my very next cycle She is 15 now

I never had any secondary fertility problems and have had 2 surprise boys since

Expert Forum User

You may want to start taking probiotics if it can cause a yeast infection to prevent it.

OOOO I didn't know it can make you super fertile! Well I just ovulated last weekend so BIG FINGERS CROSSED!!

Banned

Mine was horrible. Worse than contractions. I was crying because I was in so much pain. I drove home doubled over in pain bawling.
    My doctor didn't tell me it would hurt. The nurse told me minutes before. I would have taken tylenol or something if I knew.
    It makes you fertile by opening up even small little blocks in your tubes (ones that wouldn't even show up on a test). And then you;d ovulate next cycle. I know many people that have gotten pregnant the month after.

I had mine done too. Wasn't painful, just uncomfortable. I don't recall getting any cramps either.