Expert Forum User

Default Anyone have a Roomba?

iRobot Corporation: Home Page

I am thinking I would like to get one of these. Does anyone have one? Do you like it?

yep. love it. We have a dog and I vacuum 2x a week. The roomba takes care of the hair/dirt the rest of the time. If you have a dog, I would suggest investing in the special pet hair version - I've heard its very good. I didn't know about it when we bought ours. One awesome feature about the Roomba is that you can time it to run at a set time everyday, so you don't even need to remember to turn it on Height of laziness? perhaps...but I will take what I can get

Zoo
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Does it get right into corners? What is the clearance under couches etc?

It dosen't do a perfect job (and it's about 3 or 4 inches high so under-couch clearance depends on your couch) but it's good at doing daily maintenance. I don't rely on it to do a perfect job but it's very good and one of my favourite gadgets for making life easier.

If you have little kids it's a bit of a pain because everything has to be up off the floor if it's to do a good job - so that's the exersaucer, the toy bins, EVERYTHING. It cam move around some furniture but it's best if the room is clear. It's not a huge deal to do the walkthrough and pick up things and move them to the couch, but it's something to think about.

I love mine. Love it.
    The poster formerly known as Geomamma

Oh and we don't have the pet version, wish we did. We have the 570 version.
    The poster formerly known as Geomamma

Expert Forum User

We have one and the battery died a few years ago and we never replaced it. When we bought it we had a lot of carpet and it worked pretty good. I would LOVE to get it working again as with 3 dogs, 2 kids and NO carpet we so need it. We have the green pet one.

Quote Originally Posted by Geomamma View Post
    It dosen't do a perfect job (and it's about 3 or 4 inches high so under-couch clearance depends on your couch) but it's good at doing daily maintenance. I don't rely on it to do a perfect job but it's very good and one of my favourite gadgets for making life easier.

If you have little kids it's a bit of a pain because everything has to be up off the floor if it's to do a good job - so that's the exersaucer, the toy bins, EVERYTHING. It cam move around some furniture but it's best if the room is clear. It's not a huge deal to do the walkthrough and pick up things and move them to the couch, but it's something to think about.

I love mine. Love it.
    ITA. Love it! You do still need to break out the traditional vacuum to get into corners, under furniture, and such but it's wonderful for everyday cleaning of crumbs, hair, etc...

Expert Forum User

I'd be loving mine right now too if I didn't need a new battery....again. I think it's great to run in between “real“ vacuums. I wouldn't use it as my main vacuum though.

Expert Forum User

We have central vac so this would be a second vacum. I thought it would be great for our main floor which is all laminate and vinyl in the kitchen.

I know for sure that you are probably searching for a good robot vacuum. Go here and try log in to your account if you are serious.