Angry step mom issue with BM what a >>>>>>>>>>>

Hey ladies
    small rant and release
    what the heck is wrong with BM and dealing with SM???
    My SS mother called and revoked(not that she is allowed) DH visitation.
    Simply because he is her son and she doesn't want her son around me and our (DH and mine) children.
    She feels her son should only spend time with DH and thats it.
    Visitation according to her is for children to visit their biological father not be forced(yep she said that) into a situtaion that is not biological
    excuse me but seriously WTF????????????
    DH and I have taught this boy to swim/ride a bike/play basketball/throw a football/tinker with mechanics(you know cars/etc...) put models togther not be afraid of his shadow.... we maintain his dental stuff...
    wham right outta left field........
    she is such a *****

The future is uncertain... but this uncertainty is at the very heart of human creativity

Expert Forum User

That really sucks the big one! I think alot of time BM's start to feel threatned buy the SM and then start to enforce their power as the BM, ykwim? It can't be easy to see your kids off to a "family" and them be perfectly great without you (i.e. their mom). It's awful thats she's going this way about things but maybe she just had a fear that she's replacable ( not that that she is or that your trying to). Hopefully this gets resolved soon because really when seperated parents go through the power struggle its really the kids that suffer in the end.
    Good Luck
    ...and in that moment I swear we were infinite.

Expert Forum User

No adivce... but oh I feel for you...things started getting really bad with my guys ex after I entered the picture.... altough she is not as 'blatent' about the reason as yours...that is just unrealistic crap by the way these are her sons 'half siblings' does she not think he wants/needs/deserves to know and have a relationship with his siblings?...ours is more subtle and uses reasons like 'he is grounded and doesnt deserve to see you"

I often wondered if part of her reasoning is jealousy about the relationship he has with us... cause he behaves at our house and as a result he gets to do more things and she does not want to have to 'hear' about life with us! I know for some parts we have it much 'easier' in her eyes as we only have him for 48 hours every two weeks so of course he behaves better here and we do not get the day to day disgruntled preteen behaviour she does....but she has the option of making everyday more memorable rather then a battle or like us having to squeeze everything we want to do with him into two days....we would gladly exchange places with her!

I really feel for children in these complex relationships...

Quote Originally Posted by Tami&amber View Post
    She feels her son should only spend time with DH and thats it.
    Visitation according to her is for children to visit their biological father not be forced(yep she said that) into a situtaion that is not biological
    If your DH is your children's biological father, then surely they are your SS's biological half siblings? How does she figure that it isn't a biological situation?

It must be hard for her though. I know I would have a tough time sending my daughter off to be looked after by another woman every weekend!

Hopefully this issue gets sorted out for you really quickly 'cause as PP have stated, it's the kids who really suffer in these situations.
    Mom to Ali (3) & Eva (1)

I admitt when Rebecca was going to exs house and he moved in with his girlfriend i felt sad when she had a good time.
    But even with all that has taken place (and theres been so much) I never wanted her to be angry at my ex or his girlfriend. I truly believe anger just eats the purity and joy away in your life if you let it consume daily and don't let it go.

No BM doesn't feel my children are biological to SS they aren't because she didn't give birth to them...
    We have had peace with her for like 6 years...now it has gone to the crapper.........
    DH filed his papers today to get back into court....
    I don't understand where it came from.....
    she even had a letter sent to DH mom and said that *her* children have a new family that loves and supports them and she is not to contact her anymore....
    mean while BM does the contact with my MIL...
    I mean W-E-R-I-D!!!!

The future is uncertain... but this uncertainty is at the very heart of human creativity