Default New Roof - group rates?

Hi! As I mentioned in an earlier post - we need a new roof - and it looks like quite a few London Moms also do. I have been calling a few companies to request quotes. I am looking for a company that is insured and that provides a warantee.

I was thinking we could combine our buying power and select one company and I could try to negotiate a better deal!

Let me know if you are interested and if there is a specific company you would want to work with!

Administrator Site Admin

Please do not negiotiate a group rate for London Moms

All group rates must go through myself prior to being posted on London Moms

If you have ideas for group rates you can send them to myself or any of the super mods and will decide whether or not we can proceed or give you the go ahead to call on our behalf.

Thanks!
    Leslie

I've downsized to a sweet little yellow brick home in Old East. My backyard is a haven for birds :)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetj22 View Post
    I am looking for a company that is insured and that provides a warantee.
    I would recommend Davidoff Roofing. Not the cheapest, but they are reputable and provide one of the most detailed contracts. I don't know if they are open to negotiating for a group.

Whoever you consider, look for (1) BBB accreditation - check the years in business and the number of complaints against each company, (2) WSIB insurance - ask if the company can provide a WSIB clearance letter before they begin work on your property. Otherwise if they should have an accident while at your home your insurance will have to deal with it.

As boring as it may be, read all the warranty details. Note that some manufacturers will not honour a warranty if the shingles are not installed exactly as specified or if any after-market vents, exhausts, etc. are installed after the roof goes on. If you need roof vents or ridge vents the roofing company should include that in their quote.

Note that if your soffits are not vented, with rafter vents correctly installed in the attic to allow continuous ventilation, even the highest rated shingles will not last as long as they should. We often open soffits and install new vents or continuous vented soffit for our customers when doing the attic insulation. Some roofers will do it, and siding companies will also install vented soffits.
    Love seeketh not itself to please,
    Nor for itself hath any care,
    But for another gives its ease,
    And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.

- William Blake (1757 - 1827)

I'm sorry Leslie! When I was thinking about asking for group rates - I wasn't going to mention the London Moms name! But - I totally understand why everything should go through you! Definitely won't do it again!

Administrator Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by sweetj22 View Post
    I'm sorry Leslie! When I was thinking about asking for group rates - I wasn't going to mention the London Moms name! But - I totally understand why everything should go through you! Definitely won't do it again!
    Oh no worries at all! Not everyone knows so it's a good reminder that's all. We just don't want to have several people calling the same places over and over..not likely with a roofing company but still good for us to have a blanket policy.
    Leslie