mumtobelle

Default Not to hijack the other post partum post...

...but if anyone is dealing with ppd and you want to have a place to talk about it there is a local online peer support forum for post partum depression. It was set up by one of our LM's back in the summer. Not everyone feels comfortable discussing it but please pm me for the address if you would like to talk about how things are going for you in a smaller circle with a little more privacy

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I wish this had existed after I had my eldest son! I suffered from PPD for about 1 1/2 years after he was born and suffered in silence for a long time until my Dh talked me into going for some counselling, which did help thankfully! PPD is not a very nice thing to experience, I know all too well and I think it's wonderful that there is now this to be able to go to. Does one currently have to be going through PPD to join in or can it be a thing which happened in your past but something you would still like to talk about and maybe be able to talk about with others going through what you did and offer advice, support etc? just curious!

mumtobelle

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom View Post
    Does one currently have to be going through PPD to join in or can it be a thing which happened in your past but something you would still like to talk about and maybe be able to talk about with others going through what you did and offer advice, support etc? just curious!
    No, not all all. Some of our members are currently dealing with ppd, some have dealt with it and while no longer actively suffering are certainly a great source of support and encouragement. We talk about all kind of things actually...small talk, jokes, silly stuff as well as serious. Defintely not all doom and gloom

We try to schedule monthly outings too, just to chat, drink coffee and eat fattening desserts, lol!

And you are right...I wish something like this had been available to me after I had my first born. The support would have been really nice.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

That's great thanks I have sent you a pm mumtobelle btw.