Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Ergo Baby Carrier

I am thinking of buying an Ergo baby carrier for my 9 month old. I have a baby bjorn but once she was about 15 pds it was just too hard on the shoulders and lower back. I've heard really good things about the Ergo and I know one person who has one and swears by it, just wondering if everyone who has one is really happy with them. Its kind of expensive and I just want to make sure before I invest the money in it.
    Mommy to three adorable kids!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I've heard GREAT things about them. If you don't get a lot of feedback here, check out The Babywearer's forum. I like the look of the Beco even more than the Ergo, but they cost even more - so neither right now. But a girl can dream

If you like wearing your baby and can okay with the Bjorn, I'm guessing from the reviews you'll be set with the Ergo.

Let us know if you get it!

I love my Ergo! I wear my 7 month old DD in it almost everyday, mostly on my back so I can 'get stuff done', like laundry, dishes, groceries, etc. Anything that I don't want her little hands getting in to or that would be dangerous to have her on the front. It takes a little work figuring out how to get them on your back when you're by yourself, but it gets easier. I find that its much easier on my back then the baby Bjorn (DH likes to use that one) and will accommodate a heavier baby. They sell them at the Cheeky Monkey now if you wanted to go check them out and try one on before buying. Couple of things I noticed:
    1. Baby wraps their legs around you (like a monkey!) so if you're broad chested or backed you may not be able to use it. My DH is too big around to us it - the straps are big enough but DD would be doing the splits!
    2. Baby always faces you and can lean backwards a little, so you have to be extra careful that they are in properly and that you don't bump up against things.
    3. I'm a pretty small human and find that I can't quite get the straps tight enough unless I'm wearing a sweater.
    I'm happy to answer any questions you may have!

Expert Forum User

I have one and love it! I bought it 2 years ago, and I'm still using it everyday. I will use it to "piggyback" my 2 year old to school to get her sisters in 10 minutes!
    They are worth every penny in my opinion.
    The only feature that I never really got to use is the little hood with snaps that can hold baby's head up if they fall asleep while on your back. It's a nice idea, I just never had cause to use it.
    Lynn, newly employed mom to Evelyn (13), Sophie (10), and Georgia (6)

GIRLS ROCK!!

Expert Forum User

Anyone have the Beco???