Default Reliance Home Comfort...

suck. I am so disappointed in the service which they provide. Yesterday morning (on my birthday, none the less) I want down to my basement to a small puddle, thought that the foundation was leaking. Looked around the furnace and water heater and wasn't sure what the source was so I just mopped it up. A few hours later I went down to a huge puddle, and heard water running this time and figured out that it was my water heater. So I quickly called my ex-SIL's dad who is plumber and asked him what to do, was told to call Reliance since that's where the water heater is rented from, but he told me how to shut the water and gas to the heater. Called Reliance, got someone on the line right away, told her what was going on, and she told me someone could come tomorrow, I told her that this was ridiculous, asked if they have someone on call for emergencies and she said no. Which to me seems crazy. However agreed to the appointment for today because I didn't really have another choice. We were number 1 priority for today, someone was suppose to be here between 7-11 this morning. Yet no one is here yet, but we are priority #1. Here I sat with no hot water for the last 24 hours. We all had to go and shower at my mom's house last night. I'm so mad because I pay to rent the unit, I expect someone to come and fix the stupid thing. I get that other people had appointments before me, but as I see it mine's an emergency. I will never ever rent another thing from Reliance again, because they are horrible.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

That does seem like a long wait for something like that; was there an option to find your own person to look at it and bill them by any chance? That's probably what I would have threatened to do if they couldn't find someone sooner.
    Hope there wasn't much damage.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User

We had that last year and we are out of the city. So i understood why we had to wait 24 hours, but they said theyd be here by 10 am and they were on time.

Very often though the rep you talk to doesn't tell the techs how important it is.
    Love isn't love till you give it away.

Expert Forum User

The thing is you probably are not the only person with an emergency... some could be without heat who knows... just saying that to you no hot water was an emergency but to someone else no heat is an emergency.

Don't get me wrong I would be miffed too hopefully they get to you sooner then later.
    ~ Annie ~
    Mom to 4 (B24, G23, G19, G9)

My Blog: It's just my life...
    Follow me on Twitter: @anniecannie

Expert Forum User

I would call them! But you do have to understand that things happen and don't be mad at the technician because he/she doesn't do the scheduling

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I don't like Reliance. There seems to always be someone calling (from outsourced call ctr) to offer deals on furnaces etc...If you forget to pay your bill (what, $30 every 3 months?) they're on you almost a day later “pay this outstanding amount IMMEDIATELY or further collections...“ geesh, chill out. When our basement flooded, we needed the water heater detached/moved so the contractor could seal the wall. It took 2 days for them to come (which delayed everything) and it cost me $400. $200 for them to detach it and $200 to reattach. yeah.
    tough times don't last but tough people do

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    The thing is you probably are not the only person with an emergency... some could be without heat who knows... just saying that to you no hot water was an emergency but to someone else no heat is an emergency.

Don't get me wrong I would be miffed too hopefully they get to you sooner then later.
    Oh I totally get that other things are more important (ie someones furnance) but there's not only on technician and there can't be that may emergencies.

We had “water heater“ drama from reliance over Easter Weekend last year. The water heater broke and then when they came to fix it their technician broke the taps above the heater - we had to call back and get another tech to come out - we didn't have water for 3 days!!! In addition we had to pay for the taps b/c we own them and reliance doesn't warranty anything they don't own...it was redic. I was on the phone promptly and got...wait for it....3 months of a free rental and we didn't have to pay for the taps that they broke!! Lol - so generous.
    Custom made hats, headbands and more for you and your favourite little person
    www.facebook.com/lilaslids

Facebook SPECIAL Like our page and all beanies and visor hats are $15 or 2 for $25 **regular $20 each!!