Thread: Mom of twins

Default Mom of twins

I wanted to hear from moms who had a previous pregnancy and then got pregnant with twins whether it be your 2nd or 3rd pregnancy.

What week did you have your babies at?

Did you have to go on bed rest? If so what week were you in and how long did you go on bed rest?

Those of you that had no bed rest, did you go about your chores as usual or did you give some chores up?

Expert Forum User

I am not actually speaking from personal experience but I have asked my mom this. Her second pregnancy was twins...she did not know...she did everything, including chores on the farm up until the day she went in to labour and she went into labour at 36 weeks. This was 24 years ago and I know things have changed but yeah she said it was no different then her first pregnancy.

My twins were my second pregnancy. I delivered at exactly 37 weeks. I was off work, but not on bed rest. I was blessed enough to have a mother who came and cleaned my house for me (although it took me a while to be able to let her do that). My oldest was also in daycare during the days so I slept a lot during the days when she was gone - but I'd still fall asleep in the couch pretty early in the evening.
    It's exhausting on your body - especially with another little person around.

Expert Forum User

I was lucky enough to escape bedrest. I was sewing the day before they were born at 36+1weeks..lol. I was tired, exhausted really. And in hindsight, should have been easier on myself. So the bottom line is, even if you feel fine and your pregnancy goes well, you really, really need to look after yourself during a multiple pregnancy.

Do we have news???
    Wife to Doug and Mother of
    Alex, Nick, Hanna, Mya, Madeline and twin sweethearts, Isabelle and Abigail
    Sewing Mei Tais for Canadian Mamas

Expert Forum User

My twins were my 3rd pregnancy. They were born at 39 weeks. However, I had threatened preterm labour (contractions got up to every 2 - 3 minutes, but thankfully were stopped before they made significant cervical changes) at 29 weeks, so I put myself on modified bedrest (ie, one trip up and down the stairs per day, spent the whole day confined to laying on the couch) until term, so from 29 through to 36 weeks.
    formerly Kathy

Expert Forum User

My girls were my 3rd pg

was on bed rest at home at 25 weeks

born at 30 weeks to the day

Banned

My girls were my 2nd pregnancy, no bed rest, too much choring as far as everyone else was concerned but dishes don't wash themselves to I kept right on going until I got so heavy that I couldn't move well and breathing was difficult so the decision to induce was done at 36/5; turned into a cesarean as my Sophia went transverse as my twin A but that's another soap opera/horror story.