Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Itching to knit something...any suggestions?

I haven't knit anything since the fall, and I'd like to do something quick and easy. I don't have time to go searching for (free) patterns so I thought I'd see if anyone here has any ideas?

I'm kind of a novice and have two little ones so something small I can complete before next year is good! I have only knit one thing in the round on circulars, never used double points and never done cables. If it was something small I suppose I could practice something new though...I'm thinking along the lines of a baby sweater, a hat, something I can use or gift.

TIA
    K ~ Wife and Helpmeet to J, SAHM to DD, M ('05) and DS, B ('07) an'd blessing no. 3 due Oct.'09!

I have a snap press! PM if you have something that needs resin snaps replaced or added. Diapers, clothes, etc.

Zoo
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Don't the hospitals always need donation of preemie hats & booties?

I never really thought of that, but I do have a cute hat pattern somewhere. Any idea who I could call about donating some?
    K ~ Wife and Helpmeet to J, SAHM to DD, M ('05) and DS, B ('07) an'd blessing no. 3 due Oct.'09!

I have a snap press! PM if you have something that needs resin snaps replaced or added. Diapers, clothes, etc.

Banned

I am a member of a yahoo group called caring 4 canadians - the lady that runs it collects things for the NICU at St Joe's. You could join the group, and they also have ideas for patterns and what kinds of things are needed. i believe she also collects things for armed forces personnel overseas. She would also know how to get it to St Joe's (people all over Canada are members and I think they usually mail their stuff to her and she send it where it needs to be).

Thanks! I think I will look it up.

Default Check out these cute hat patterns

Here is a web site with cute patterns for baby and kids knit hats. I love the Dalmation hat and the white roll brim hat with holly leaves and berries..

www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns

Thanks for the link. I couldn't link directly, but when I removed patterns/ from the end it worked for me. I love the horizontal cable hat!

Sorry, you can get to this web site by typing in the address. It doesn't seem to work when I clicked on the address above. There are also many other patterns besides hats .

Expert Forum User

I don't know if any of you are on ravelry (I am "oddduck")... I love that site - though there is a wait list. The pattern browser is priceless. Say I have half a skin of bulky acrylic and I want to knit it up, I can check and see what other people have done with the exact same yarn, it's a beautiful thing.

3snugglebugs

I came across these a while ago and bookmarked them because they were so cute. A little different than the booties we get from our grandmothers

Oops...forgot the link. Here it is: http://members.home.nl/tdpj/Patronen...%20bootees.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by 3snugglebugs View Post
    I came across these a while ago and bookmarked them because they were so cute. A little different than the booties we get from our grandmothers

Oops...forgot the link. Here it is: http://members.home.nl/tdpj/Patronen...%20bootees.pdf
    Oooh, those are cute. I'll have to make a few, lots of preggo friends! Thanks for the link. See you Sunday.

Expert Forum User

I just finished knitting a poncho for my 3 year old neice. It is just a straight knit/purl pattern, decreasing as you go up. You knit the 2 pieces & sew them together. It was dead easy & ADORABLE!!! It's on the Bernat website; they have tons of free patterns. Any time I'm looking for a new pattern I usually start there.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pumpkinery-Creations/220912411314225

what about a scarf, or blanket ....I believe they are pretty easy to make (I wouldn't know as I dont knit) but I have heard they are easy
    Becky Mom to X and C

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60448.html

This is an awesome, easy little sweater and the yarn is available at Michael's.

I second the Ravelry site: www.ravelry.com It's awesome!
    MonsterMom

Workout addict, ultimate procrasinator, English student and knitter.

Expert Forum User

I always tend to levitate towards hats, I don't think I've mad a hat that took longer then 2 days to make.

I've recently whipped out a few of these: http://www.needlebeetle.com/free/seacap.htm
    On my hubby's head:
    They are pretty easy to make, nothing fancy really - I found that skipping the size change on the needles didn't make a huge difference. If you are using bulky weight yarn, you'll probably want like no more then 90 cast on. I did 102 for one and it's a massive hat - I don't know anyone with a head that big.

I've been wanted someone close to me to get pregnant so I can do up one of these, as theres no point making one if they are not going to be appreciated: http://fpea.blogspot.com/2007/07/fre...r-natural.html

I've wanted to do one of these, and will probably do one in the next month: http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babyjester.htm

And if you are interested in colourwork and think yo can get it done before v-day this would be awfully cute:
    http://clwork332.googlepages.com/HeartMonkeyHat.pdf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast