Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Mature Mom's

I will be 43 this July and right now, I am aching from head to toe....I did “more than usual“ , some physically demanding tasks at work....and am hurting...On top of arthritis in my knees, wrinkles and a few greys...I am AWESOME......LOVING getting older.....Oh yeah, and I think I am starting with hot flashes!!!

Expert Forum User

KathyM, I still cannot believe you have a 14 year old daugther. You are such a young at heart Mum!

Hot flashes ... not good!
    Granola is a Mum to 2 wonderful boys

So heres a question...do you feel old when you attend school functions?
    I have not hit 40 yet but I swear I am like 100 years older then the other moms in my 8, 4 and 3 year olds class/daycare!

I've downsized to a sweet little yellow brick home in Old East. My backyard is a haven for birds :)

I joined karate when I was 42 (after signing up the kids first) and was really surprised how quickly I got in shape. Trained for 3 years til our dojo closed and missed it very much. Now I'm afraid my balance and stamina are too poor to try again (I have MS).

Have to say my forties were my fav decade as a mom and as a woman.
    Imagine likes this.
    Love seeketh not itself to please,
    Nor for itself hath any care,
    But for another gives its ease,
    And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.

- William Blake (1757 - 1827)

I started “late“ compared to other moms and I would love to meet other who started to have kids in their 30s. We decided to have kids while DH is in graduate school because who knows when he'll finish! So I had DD1 at 32 and DD2 at 36.

At times I see the age gap even here where many opinions fly. I have a harder time adjusting to all this technology. DH (who is four years younger) jokes that my generation skipped the MSN Messenger stage. Really only started to text two years ago! LOL!

I actually look forward to the 40s. I personally think my face has finally gotten it's features right plus I know how to apply make-up to accentuate the positives. I really hope someday I can get rid of the “jiggles“ in my body but I accept it was the birthing temple for my two children.

One thing that does get me is that I occasionally get carded at the beer or liquor store. I'll even have one of my kids and still get carded. Sure they card anyone that looks under 30 so at least that's a plus!

the funny thing about being mature is that I still think the same as I did many years ago. Sure I've learned lessons but my character has not changed. That's why I sometimes am shocked when I see life change around me but I find I haven't changed myself.

No one's written in here in a while. I finally found a group of moms I can relate to! LOL. But seriously, I feel old somedays, but my son hasn't entered kindergarden yet. One more year for that. My hubby and I are in our early and mid 40s. I do sometimes feel young though. I think having a preschooler keeps me quick. I love my life in many ways right now and wouldn't go back!

Expert Forum User

I didn't post in this thread 3 years ago - I guess I still felt young?
    This year I'm turning 40, but it's actually my 16 year old son who makes me feel OLD....

Quote Originally Posted by gogomom View Post
    I didn't post in this thread 3 years ago - I guess I still felt young?
    This year I'm turning 40, but it's actually my 16 year old son who makes me feel OLD....
    Congrats on turning 40!
    I just turned 36 and boy time flies fast when you have one child that is almost 4. In my case that's one reason to feel old!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by elvira View Post
    Congrats on turning 40!
    That made me LMAO - I mean it's 40, I don't even want to think about it, let alone be congratulated on it!
    The only redeeming part is that getting older is better than the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by gogomom View Post
    That made me LMAO - I mean it's 40, I don't even want to think about it, let alone be congratulated on it!
    The only redeeming part is that getting older is better than the alternative.
    like it or not congratulations are in order... better this then being poke with a stick lol
    Last edited by elvira; 08-26-2014 at 03:16 PM.
    Nemo likes this.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I don't know but I'd say celebrate it Gogomom! I'm turning 40 early next year and I'm starting to look forward to it. Is it me but does your confidence go up as you age? I've reached a point where I like me with all my strengths and short comings and if somebody doesn't? Meh. I don't give a crap. I also am very much enjoying my children getting older. 40 looks pretty good...it would be nice to have my 20 year old body back however, not just looks but lack of aches and pains too, so unappreciated it when I had it. What a waste! LOL
    Cole is 8 years old! January, 2005
    Nate is 5 years old! January, 2008
    Judah is 2 years old! October, 2010
    Avery Grace born & passed Feb 4, 2007.

"Why did I not know that birth is the pinnacle where women discover the courage to become mothers?"
    Anita Diamant (The Red Tent)

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Well I'll be 43 in a couple of months and dh and I recently found out we're going to be....grandparents! Yep, my 19 year old step daughter is pregnant. Her and her boyfriend have been together for a few years but she's so young. It wasn't a deliberate pregnancy but I hope for the best for them and that her life plans are just put on hold for a few years, not cancelled.
    sittingpretty and strongmommy like this.
    Mommy to three adorable kids!

I'm definately a mature mom!! I'm 48 - my daughter is 13 and my son is 10. It wasn't really my choice to start having kids late in life, but I didn't meet my dh until I was in my 30's and then when we started to try and have kids, several m/c'es and trouble conceiving slowed the process! That seems like a lifetime ago now though. We are busy and active, but man, do I ever feel old sometimes. Physically and socially. LOL.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345