Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Are there teenagers on your FB?

I took all mine off blocked recently (reading their constants posts about drama was annoying) but there are a couple who keep posting pics of themselves in sexy kind of poses. Changing clothes, posing, faces, etc.

Tonight takes the cake. She's in the bathroom taking a pic in the mirror in a short short sweater dress that could NOT be worn in public it's so short.

Then the boys comment about how good she looks and the girls all tell her they're jealous, then the girls all compliment argue back and forth about how they all think each other is the hottest.

I don't remember doing anything like this in grade 9!

Her Mom is on her FB, I assume she can see it, unless she blocked her Mom.

Please tell me this is not what they're all doing.
    Stop thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.

~ Breastfed for 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days ~

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

thats just eww

M2M

I am super young still, unlike..... ha ha

But yes, I have tons on my facebook, I weed them out now and again because my eyes hurt from all the rolling.

Although my profile isnt much better.

Yeah. I have 3 of my female, teen cousins on there. One kept posting pics of herself, drunk, doing stoooooopid things....and putting herself at risk of something bad happening to her......... Her FB friends were all posting similar pics and photos in really inappropriate outfits, and then my cousin would comment on them and then I could see it. Ack. It was really bad.

I ended up “accidentally“ allowing her mom to creep her page through my account.

Some mighty big changes ( for the better ) have occurred since then.
    "Anything is better than lies and deceit". Leo Tolstoy

oh no M2M your profile is fine!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! mamabear's Avatar

m2m, u r ssso hott! im soooo gel-uss laydeez!

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Frig, I suppose she's more covered than at the beach.

Something about it just seems so wrong. Maybe it's cause I remember the kids being born. Now the oldest is in High School.
    Stop thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.

~ Breastfed for 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days ~

Unfortunately Colleen....it is the norm....they also go to the mall, try on lots of clothes and take pics...then post on facebook.

I think the reason it seems so wrong, versus a bikini at a pool party or beach, is the fact that it's on the internet and therefore never ever gone away. And at a beach, you're swimming - or tanning (shudder). So, expected you wear little. It's not necessarily sexual. But if you're posting it in daily life, and people are commenting sexually, and so on....it just gets scary.

It's completely overt sexually aggressive behaviour that isn't necessarily horrible in itself, but the idea that it's there forever and could haunt them one day is what really bothers me. And also the idea that they're into this kind of talk so young , and that 'hotness' is all that seems to matter.
    Sigh. I've never understood why looks trump brains. Yes, I was a geek in high school
    Last edited by Ingalls; 03-07-2011 at 10:53 PM.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Quote Originally Posted by KathyM View Post
    Unfortunately Colleen....it is the norm....they also go to the mall, try on lots of clothes and take pics...then post on facebook.
    scary.

I don't have anyone under 24 as a FB friend, although I have a few adult 'friends' who act around age 13, however (must remember to delete...must remember to delete...)
    tough times don't last but tough people do

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! eversoclever's Avatar

Ack. Yeah. I have one cousin like this. There is always some part of a boob showing and a caption like, “***** WE AIN'T EVEN DATIN' rofl.“

I weep for the future.

Expert Forum User

No teenagers on my facebook. I have mostly people in their late 20s early 30s. The most annoying thing I find is the mass amount of applications that post all the fricken time. There's always a new one out there posting about how so and so found a diamond for their farm or some crap. lol. I'm soooo not an app person!

Expert Forum User

I have a couple of 19 year old cousins but they aren't too bad.
    But I was added by a friend's teenage stepkids and recently gave them the boot because they would post quizzes on my wall like “what is your ideal sex positions“ or “how many lovers will you have“ kid, you're in the 10th grade, I'm 10 years older than you, that's just ewwww.

[/url]

Expert Forum User

I have my nephews on facebook...9 and 12. Lol I'm rarely on facebook so not sure what goes on. However, they are a couple little redneck boys so from what I do see its a bunch of silly Simpson's quotes and talks of fishing trips.
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

I have a few teenage cousins as well and most of them are pretty good. My one cousin, however, is insane! He posts rude, derogatory comments and song lyrics all the time. He is a little 16 year old white kid and is posting things like “gotta get my N******.“ The worst part is, his mum is on there as well and doesnt seem to care. He also has a tonne of his family on there and it just seems crazy to me that he would post this stuff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast