Default Knitting Groups in London?

Are there knitting groups in London - or St. Mary's that meet weekly or monthly?

I am looking to have some quality "me" time and thought that this would be fun. I am hoping to find a group of other people who share knitting skills so we can all learn and have fun and unwind!

Has anyone heard of this or know of a group?..... or want to start a LM's knitting group?

TIA - Trish

Yes, there are weekly meetups all over the city. I posted about them in another thread. They're mostly organized on Ravelry, but I'd totally be interested in a LM knitting group.

Here's the info here agaiin

KNIT LONDON MEETUP: Williams Coffee Pub (578 Richmond Street ) First Monday of each Month at 6pm

UWO Knitting Society
    All skill levels welcome, sign up required (Western Clubs)
    Every Tuesday 5:30 - 6:30. For more information please email theknittingsociety@gmail.com

Knit n’ Stitch’ at Westmount
    Wednesday evenings starting as early as 6:30pm but officially 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
    This drop-in program is free and does not require registration. For more information pls see LINK.

Beacock Knitters
    Wednesdays from 1:30 to 3:30 pm
    Spend a couple of hours helping someone, or getting help, chatting about knitting and just enjoying being together sharing a common passion.

Landon Knitting Circle Landon Public Library
    Thursdays, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
    Learn to knit; improve your skills; complete a project; help someone else. Share patterns, ideas and stories. Drop in. Free.

Forest City Knitters (NOT KID FRIENDLY)
    The third Tuesday of the month at St. Ansgar church, 600 Lawson Road, London Ontario, starting at 7:30.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

I go to the Westmount Library weekly knitting group a couple times of month, but it's in my area of the city, and the ladies are a fun bunch. It's lively and not for the faint of heart!

I'm also a member of the Forest City Knitters which is the closest thing London has to a knitters guild. This month's meeting is actually this Tuesday, and it starts at 7 p.m. (not 7:30 as noted above). Colleen and I are both members. This is a much more serious group of knitters. There is a lot of information and resource sharing at this gathering. It really is more business. Here's the website - http://forestcityknitters.wikispaces.com/

When I have a free Friday night, I really like driving down to St. Thomas for the weekly knit night at the Little Red Mitten - LITTLE RED MITTEN . It's usually packed with knitters, and this meetup has the advantage of buying wool at the same time.

These are my three favourite knitting groups.
    My musings about my children, my crafts and everything and anything else can be found on my blog.

Thanks so much for the information. When I did an online search I was only finding group info from 2008 and didn't know if it was still happening.

Hopefully I will get organized and see you ladies at one of the groups - Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittenears View Post
    Yes, there are weekly meetups all over the city. I posted about them in another thread. They're mostly organized on Ravelry, but I'd totally be interested in a LM knitting group.

totally I'd love to see an LM's knitting group! we can make it baby and kid friendly too
    Why yes I'm a Doula! (in training) come check out my Facebook for more info!. Or PM me!
    https://www.facebook.com/greatexpectationsdoula

here is my doulamatch profile: http://doulamatch.net/profile/6878/kate-williamson

Social Media Guru

I'd be in...as long as someone can show me how to

sweet steps. I'm very new to knitting myself
    Why yes I'm a Doula! (in training) come check out my Facebook for more info!. Or PM me!

here is my doulamatch profile: http://doulamatch.net/profile/6878/kate-williamson

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

theres also a group that meets at the London intercommunity health centre.. huron/highbury.. 1:30-3:30.. games, crafts, and cards..

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    theres also a group that meets at the London intercommunity health centre.. huron/highbury.. 1:30-3:30.. games, crafts, and cards..
    What day is this on?

I personally need some DD free time. I do not care if others bring along their LO's though. Perhaps once I am more relaxed I will bring DD too.

I did a mom knitting group at one of the OEYC's. It was great. The kids were all supervised in another room, door open so we could keep tabs on them. It was easier to focus on knitting skills when I knew that DD was occupied/supervised. Maybe OEYC would be open to a group again?

Hoping to find an evening or weekend (Sunday) group. When is everyone else available?

Social Media Guru

Monday and Thursdays are best for me...or Sundays after 6 also work.

I like the oeyc idea. I'm near the merrymount branch myself.and anytime in the late afternoons or anytime on the weekends. It's hard to schedule this kind of stuff around naptimes

I'm a crocheter, but I'd be in for joining a Sunday evening group as well!!
    Buy my stuff!!! Usually Baby & Young Boy Stuff!!
    Lots of Baby Girl Clothing right now!!
    http://london.kijiji.ca/c-PostersOth...serIdZ56392368