Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Double Stroller vs Double Stroller with Car Seat

Did anyone just buy a double stroller for their infants and not use the car seat system. Did you regret it?
    I used the infant car seat that attached to my stroller for my singleton. Can I put infants just in a stroller??
    Having twins now and just don't know which route to go.
    I need to fit 3 car seats in my back seat and if I buy the Radian ones I can do it. Not sure yet if the 2 infant cars and 1 regular car will all fit.
    I don't really want to buy yet another infant car seat since I have to buy all new Radian car seats now.

Expert Forum User

you probably could but its just a pita cause infants sleep alot and you'll have to be waking them up to transport them from car to house to stroller etc.

Expert Forum User

Not a mom of twins... but twins are often born smaller then singletons (at term) and are often born preterm. You may want to keep that in mind and look for seats that fit preemies well (Keyfit, Britax Chaperone or Safety 1st Onboard Air).

Expert Forum User

Honestly? As a Mom of three but not twins, I can't imagine not having infant bucket seats for twins. I would totally buy a van if they didn't fit into my car. My 2nd HATED the infant seat so we didn't use it and it made life a HUGE PITA. Having to go through that with twins would be un necessary torture.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

No twins, so can't say regarding that. But we never did a bucket seat for my daughter, just a convertible. HOnestly, but the time they wake up easily with being moved in/out of a car seat, many are too big for a bucket seat.

a_bun_in_the_oven does make a good point about twins on average being smaller, so you really have to watch the car seat sizes.

Expert Forum User

my daughter was in a bucket seat for a year and could have stayed in it a bit longer!!! she was well past the point of not waking easily when moved.

Expert Forum User

I had my baby in a stroller at 7lbs. with blanket rolls for head support. so if you don't want to do the infant seat in the stroller you can for sure.
    ~Who ever said "don't cry over spilt milk" has never been a breast feeding mother with latch issues standing over a puddle

Quote Originally Posted by /wasn't me/ View Post
    my daughter was in a bucket seat for a year and could have stayed in it a bit longer!!! she was well past the point of not waking easily when moved.
    But on any given baby you have no idea and she doesn't want to spend more money on one and many are too big by 5 months, so that is a lot of money for a short period of time if it winds up being the case.

Given that you will need Radians anyways, I'd look in to that. The only thing is the Radian is VERY tall, so RF at 45 degrees may be an issue in your car, so definitely try it out for a fit. Fitting two bucket seats and a Radian might be tricky depending on the bucket seats as some have wide bases.

What is the car? Perhaps someone here or on car-seat.org could help with seat combinations??

How old is your older child, out of curiosity? If they are still at an age where they won't walk everywhere, you might be needing to put one of the babies in a carrier in a baby and your older one in the stroller... a thought.

yeah. I think it could be done. Depends on your lifestyle. We did the bucket seats in a snap n' go for the first bit but I had a minivan back then. Now I have the three of them in a car and I use the radians.

If you are going out and about all the time, it's going to be a pain. If it's not, get a double umbrella stroller and get er done.

There is no *easy* way to do it. And snapping the bucket seats into a car isn't pretty either... not with 3 across.
    Last edited by bikruca; 02-10-2011 at 09:00 PM.
    Heather.

Push button. Receive bacon.

We have a van - so we just put the two infant buckets in the captains chairs in the middle. My oldest was in the back row.

We bought a joovy big caboose triple stroller. It was a nightmare. If I had to go back and do things again - I would definitely get a snap and go double.

The infant buckets were a life saver. Think about all the places you have to go and negotiating a double stroller isn't possible sometimes. The doctor's office being a big one. We spent a lot of time there. And having the bucket to put the one baby in while the other is being weighed and measured was a life saver.

My oldest child is 3, so I am not worried about stroller for her. Plus if my DH is with us I always have the single stroller. I don't anticipate I will be going out by myself much with a toddler and 2 babies! So that is why I am wondering if it is worth it. With my first child I used then infant car seat till she was 8 months, then she was to big.
    I didn't think about the Radians being to tall, now that you say that it might be an issue. I guess I will have to buy one and see how it fits and return it if it doesn't work.
    Do some double strollers only fit one car seat or if they fit one they will fit two?
    This is going to be a lot of work to figure out. Getting rid of our Nitro is really not an option.

Expert Forum User

I just had a quick peak on the specs of a Dodge Nitro and it's got 47.4“ of hip room. I'm thinking it's unlikey you'll find anything to fit 3 across back there.

Dodge Nitro SUV

I'm assuming you don't have a 3rd row?

Quote Originally Posted by a_bun_in_the_oven View Post
    I just had a quick peak on the specs of a Dodge Nitro and it's got 47.4“ of hip room. I'm thinking it's unlikey you'll find anything to fit 3 across back there.

Dodge Nitro SUV

I'm assuming you don't have a 3rd row?
    No 3rd row. Thanks for that site....even though it made me want to cry...lol.

I just looked at the measurements for the radians. I have more than enough shoulder room but just shy of .6“ in Hip room.

I wonder if there is still hope.

Junior Member doubletroublemoms's Avatar

When our twins were born, we drove a Honda Civic (and a 2 door coupe at that)! We used the double snap n go and the infant seats for their first year. These infant bucket seats are safest for infants. We never had to take them out of their car seats! As soon as they were able to forward sit in the convertable seats, we switched, and a new SUV soon followed

We also had a double stroller, but the one we bought wasn't car seat friendly (it was a side-by-side). We didn't use the stroller until they were over 6mths.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast