Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Any SAHM that want to be working moms?

I feel like I'm going crazy being a stay at home mom and there is nothing I can do about it. Jude is too little and breastfed. He has taken one bottle in his short life and flatly refuses to take another. Nate has difficulty leaving my side unless he is left with family and dh works odd hours. Going back to work is not an option right now. I'm going back to school in September, but by then I will be running naked in the streets from going stark raving mad. Getting out of the house is not enough anymore, I need something to challenging. Anyone in the same position? And what do you do about it?
    I'm being swallowed by motherhood and I'm so fricken' bored!

Anyone else not enjoying staying at home but forced to do so?
    Cole is 8 years old! January, 2005
    Nate is 5 years old! January, 2008
    Judah is 2 years old! October, 2010
    Avery Grace born & passed Feb 4, 2007.

"Why did I not know that birth is the pinnacle where women discover the courage to become mothers?"
    Anita Diamant (The Red Tent)

Expert Forum User

how about taking a course now?

Me. I've been wanting to go back to work but finding a job in my field that meets our family's needs isn't easy/possible. I was finally working on my resume when I got pregnant. Gotta love fate.
    My little man was born on Oct 12/08 at home into Dad's loving hands.
    My little lady was born on July 28/11 at home... Daddy was busy keeping mom company.

I have 1 baby Santa Suit for Sale 0-3 months (http://forum.londonmoms.ca/vbclassif...&memberid=2201) or to Trade (http://forum.londonmoms.ca/104323-tr...it#post1592622). Thanks for looking!

Expert Forum User

Yep, I hear you. I am wondering how I will make through my mat leave but then I don't want to go back to my job. Quite the dilemma

I am taking two courses, one of which I really enjoy but the other makes me want to scream. For me, it is the winter it really gets to me.

I was about to make my annual thread of “where can I move that is warm but is like Canada“. I really, really, really hate the winter. I have tried “embracing“ it but it is not working. The winter just makes it harder to be staying at home right now

Quote Originally Posted by twinmommy View Post
    Yep, I hear you. I am wondering how I will make through my mat leave but then I don't want to go back to my job. Quite the dilemma

I am taking two courses, one of which I really enjoy but the other makes me want to scream. For me, it is the winter it really gets to me.

I was about to make my annual thread of “where can I move that is warm but is like Canada“. I really, really, really hate the winter. I have tried “embracing“ it but it is not working. The winter just makes it harder to be staying at home right now
    THIS!
    www.themonkeysinmyhead.com A blog so my family and friends can come with me as I stumble through mama-hood

I don't find the winter is bugging me all that much. It's forcing me to get outside and breathe some fresh air. M loves playing in the snow so that helps a lot.
    My little man was born on Oct 12/08 at home into Dad's loving hands.
    My little lady was born on July 28/11 at home... Daddy was busy keeping mom company.

I have 1 baby Santa Suit for Sale 0-3 months (http://forum.londonmoms.ca/vbclassif...&memberid=2201) or to Trade (http://forum.londonmoms.ca/104323-tr...it#post1592622). Thanks for looking!

I need to find a way to make $500 a month by the time the CCTB disappears in July. This one is based on the year dh was laid off and we both made min. wage; the one in July will be based on like, one of his best years ever...so probably $2 or something. Ugh.
    I don't exactly WANT to work, but I was planning to do home daycare til I realised y'know....it's just going to be a freaking pain in the a$$ with the walk to school so far away. It takes a lot longer if you have little ones walking vs stroller, but double strollers are too hard for my shoulder, I can't pull a wagon, etc.
    Not so bad in the summer but come winter, who wants to make a 20 minute walk 35 minutes for like $23 a day? Not me.

So....
    I'm sort of kind of tossing around the kids of finding a way to make money, possibly meaning maybe putting dd into daycare (or finding a friend to watch her for money) for a couple days a week. Ih ave to actually sit down and do the math: how many hours would I need to work, how much would daycare be, etc. To see if it's feasible.

I would rather be home with the kids though, tbh.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User

I was on bed rest for 8 months when pregnant with DD so I was very antsy about getting out when she was born. I did get out a bit but she's 13 months now and I wouldn't say I get out anywhere close to as much as I used to before I was pregnant. I have had days when I'm incredibly bored but I ultimately think it's the best decision for us for me to be a sahm at this point.

Expert Forum User

I think I will be writing this exact same post next winter when I am staying at home with 3 little ones.

I have no idea how I am going to get through.

I am trying to stay positive and other than that I have no plan. I just know I need to stay home for a few years. Working full time with 2 kids is stressing me out - let alone with 3.

I may do some work from home - but then I know I will complain that I don't have enough time to do it.

"The secret to having it all... Is knowing you already do."

Ana
    Expert Forum User

Challenge yourself? Become an expert on something you've always wanted to learn more about. Anything. The world is your oyster right now.

I think one of the biggest issues women have when they are SAHM is that they lose their community because there is a large divide between SAHMs and working women. You say you are getting out, but do you have quality relationships with women you care about and who care about you?

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by runmamarun View Post
    I think I will be writing this exact same post next winter when I am staying at home with 3 little ones.

I have no idea how I am going to get through.
    Ditto here!

Although I don't like my job and want to stay home, I honestly don't know if I'll be able to hack it.

i hear this i have only been off work for 2 mos (DD is 4 weeks today) and i miss my job i love my little girl but i always knew i would have a hard time staying at home for any period of time.
    i also agree winter isnt helping. i went for a quick walk today to my casual workplace which is right across the street from my house and it just felt SOOOO good to get out of the house even if it was only for half an hour.
    DH on the other hand would love to be a SAHD, why cant men breastfeed lol!
    “Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~Christopher Robin to Pooh~

Expert Forum User

I *think* I'm ready to be a working mom soon. I've been home with my kids since they were born. They will both be in school full-time next year, and the plan is for me to go back to work. I haven't worked in 6 years. Truthfully, I'm really anxious about that. I graduated from teaching, but I don't think I'm ready to do that full-time yet. We'll see what happens.

When the kids were babies, I found it the hardest. I was bored, and felt boggled down a lot. Now that they're older and more independent I love my time home with them. Financially, I know I should work, but it's going to be hard.
    Last edited by 2xmom; 02-07-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
    I think one of the biggest issues women have when they are SAHM is that they lose their community because there is a large divide between SAHMs and working women.
    I don't know if I believe this. As a working Mom I'm too freaking busy to even have a community. I don't have time to visit with anyone aside from co-workers and they are not the kind of people I'd hang out with outside of work. I rarely even have time to check in here at LMs.

Carol I'm in the opposite position. I'm dreading going back to work in Sept. I'm enjoying the freedom and lack of stress I have right now. You sound like you need a project to keep you busy. Are you crafty? What about making Christmas presents today. If you're not crafty take up one.

Last edited by Ginny; 02-07-2011 at 01:52 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Geomamma

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast