Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Default Possibly our new home **Update*** We got the house, we get it April 30th!*

Ok so this could be the house we are moving into. There is someone else putting in an offer too. (please let them have the better one lol).
    My fiance's dad is buying the house and doing any fixing up ie the basement, before we move in.

I am not in love with this house, I actually don't like it, but Fiance does and so do his parents and even my parents. They know I don't like it but after they left we talked and I said fine lets go ahead with it. Later thinking I am just doing this for everyone, I don't like it!

So what do you think. The thing that most appeals to me (us) is the huge backyard!!! And it backs on to the conservation area. It has space lots of places to store things.

But to me the rooms are small, the kitchen is small, I am having a hard time seeing how the kids and us are going to live here.

I know the kids will love the backyard and we can sit in the sunroom and watch the sunsets and fireworks on holidays.

Help me like this house lol. I want to like it for the kids and my fiance.

I believe my fiances dad is going to add a bathroom in the basement and finish off for a familyroom.

I don't want to sound ungrateful or selffish, its just not my style I guess.

Thanks for listening to me vent and any pros to this house would be wonderful

REALTOR.ca - Property Details 201153594
    Last edited by ~Cut~N~Paste~; 02-12-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Zoo
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I can see you living there, I think it's really nice, but if you don't like it I think it is a huge mistake to go along with it for everyone else. You have to live there, for a long time, man, wy take a chance that you will end up resentful because you don't grow to like it?? You've waited this long, what's wrong with waiting a bit longer for something you both like???

sorry, not helpful. *smooch* I hope it all works out. xo

Expert Forum User

It looks cute from the outside. The price is great, AND it has FOUR bedrooms! Like you said, it has a big backyard. To be honest, the inside is not my style, but that's just the decorating, and it can be fixed. Oh, and the hardwood- I love that! I think it has a lot of potential.
    Last edited by Reese'smom; 02-06-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Expert Forum User

You are right its where we will be living for a long time, though we agree its not our last home.

Ok so how would you decorate it lol...colors?? I want the livingroom to be a formal one upstairs and the sunroom to be more that not a familyroom and the basement will be the family room. His dad just flipped a house in London...redid the whole house...and I love it but we don't want to live in London LOL.. I can post the link for that house but they didnt post pic of the rooms or basement that we finished.

His dad is particular and does good work and I trust him.

Expert Forum User

I love the style of the house, and you won't be that far from me!!

I really like it....it has charm!!

It's a beautiful house and looks like an awesome location with the conservation area right behind you. I was in a similar position before we moved into our current house. It belonged to a friend of my inlaws and my dh had wanted to live here since he was a little boy. I wasn't 100% sold on it when we bought it, but 5 years later and it really does feel like home. I think that once you get memories made in any environment, it will feel like home. This is our final home, so it's good that it has grown on me. You say that you will move again, so at least it's not forever. If you REALLY dislike it, though, don't go along with everyone. Maybe make a pro/con list and weigh each column out? Good luck with your choice.
    HappyandBlessed
    Maman to five
    DS born still Dec '97
    DS Dec '98
    DS Dec '03
    DS Sept '06
    DD May '10

I think it is wonderful.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymomof3 View Post
    I love the style of the house, and you won't be that far from me!!
    I am already close to you lol we are just going from a rent to a house lol

Expert Forum User

Thanks guys, you all know I will need decorating help lol...and OMG gardening help lol...

Ohh pretty I like it!
    Amanda Kopcic Photography
    www.amandakopcic.com

Join my facebook fan page to get up to date information on contests and sales!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amanda...y/192842053628

1st Valentines Day mini Session! Go here to get all the information!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...7483029601109/

I think it has a ton of character, lots of neat things that are unique about it and a huge yard. I love the slanty thing at the doorway, the big archways inside. Sounds well insulated and the shop and soundproofing are very cool.
    I don't know where that area actually is, but house and property wise I think it sounds VERY cool and great price.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

I think it has a ton of character, lots of neat things that are unique about it and a huge yard. I love the slanty thing at the doorway, the big archways inside. Sounds well insulated and the shop and soundproofing are very cool.
    I don't know where that area actually is, but house and property wise I think it sounds VERY cool and great price.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

I think it's a really cute house and wow what a yard! is it in Forest? If so, our seasonal trailer is like 5 min's away in Ipperwash beach lol. I LOVE that area!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom View Post
    I think it's a really cute house and wow what a yard! is it in Forest? If so, our seasonal trailer is like 5 min's away in Ipperwash beach lol. I LOVE that area!
    Yes We spent alot of time at Ipperwash last summer I grew up in this area but moved away 13 years ago. Now I am back.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast