Thread: Clomid?

Expert Forum User

Question Clomid?

So in the process of trying to figure out if we want another child I have been doing some digging into my previous TTC journeys.

I was going to ask if clomid alone would work however I just discovered that when I got pregnant in 2007 (twice) both times I was on clomid alone. They both ended. The first was m/c at 8-9wks (no HB detected) and the 2nd was a chemical that ended almost as soon as it was detected.

Since injections and IUI are out and my history is a little hazy I need some more info on clomid.

If I were to start clomid is that monitored? I think before it was my doc that ordered it and I was not monitored. After my IUI's I was put on Prometrium so I am wondering if that is something needed with clomid as well.

I plan to talk to the infertility clinic doc just to get a feel for what we are in for but do not want to waste her time if we aren't somewhat ready to commit.

So clomid ladies...how did you cycles play out?

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I started clomid on a specfic day and had blood work on a specfic day during the cycle. i was on a pill to start my period beofre hand, and then started clomid right away.

i was pregnanat the first month on clomid alone. now 26 weeks along.
    jennifer mommy to 4 amazing kids!

Expert Forum User

Ok so other then blood work that was all? My issue is that the clinic is in London and I am not I have no problem going if I have to but I can always have blood work done here too.

From my history I was on clomid for 8 cycles and got pregnant 2x's so I guess it can happen. I did clomid days 5-9 and no blood work. Do you remember what day and what did they test for? Was is the day 21 progesterone, testing for LH surge or something else?
    Last edited by LoveMyGirls22; 02-02-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Expert Forum User

Day 24 progesterone is testing to see if you ovulated that month.

ya blood work was to see if I had ovulated. I cant remember what day though but I jsut had a req and went to a clinic.

my OB gave me the script for 6 months, and the req for 6 months and i was told to do that for 6 months and if i wasnt pregnant then to make another appoinment. it was very simple.

So I looked up my threads on here...i did clomid started on day 3, and did blood work at day 21.

Expert Forum User

Ok thanks. Once we decide I think we will go that route. I would like a month or 2 to chart again just to see what is going on with my body. I use to have crazy cycles that were anywhere from 35-60+ days and for the past few months have been 28-40 so much more shorter then the norm. That will give us a few more months to truly decide if another is what we want and schedule an appt. with the good doctor

I seen Dr.Hollette Caines @ University hospital. She was great! I did 2 rounds of clomid, they did not monitor the progress but i did have to get my HGC levels as soon as i got my BFP. Then i went for an early U/S (vaginal) @ 7wk to check out what was going on. First time i was pregnant with twins that ended in M/C @11wk. Waited 2 months then did it all over again. Same procedure and had a healthy baby girl. As far as the testing it wasn't much. if i had any concerns or problems i was told to call them right away or go to the ER.
    Families are like fudge... mostly sweet with a few nuts.
    -- Author Unknown

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by frugalmom View Post
    I seen Dr.Hollette Caines @ University hospital. She was great! I did 2 rounds of clomid, they did not monitor the progress but i did have to get my HGC levels as soon as i got my BFP. Then i went for an early U/S (vaginal) @ 7wk to check out what was going on. First time i was pregnant with twins that ended in M/C @11wk. Waited 2 months then did it all over again. Same procedure and had a healthy baby girl. As far as the testing it wasn't much. if i had any concerns or problems i was told to call them right away or go to the ER.

That is my doctor too!! LOVE her The first time I saw her in 2007 she put me on Metformin right away. We did 2 cycles of just met, 4 met/clomid cycles then a cycle of just met again before the met/iui cycle. 3 iui's cycles later we had M our now almost 2 year old.

I am hoping the met/clomid will be enough as I think it is our most affordable option at this time.

We have decided that #3 is the plan now if my body cooperates is the next thing. I am going to set something up with Dr. Hollet-Caines for the end of March So nervous and a wee bit excited.

Sending u loads of ***baby dust*** and hope your ttc journey is a good one!
    Families are like fudge... mostly sweet with a few nuts.
    -- Author Unknown

Expert Forum User

Thank you so much. I am so excited and nervous. It doesn't quite seem real yet. I took my temp this morning for the first time in almost 3 years. It is going to be a lot harder when M is still up some nights but since we aren't “trying“ quite yet it is ok.

Expert Forum User

I took clomid on my 3rd day of my period. I got pregnant the first month.