Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Default A bit of a scare the other night!

After school on Friday I took Camryn skating. We were out there for about 40 mins when she fell hitting her head, it was a good sounding crack. She was wearing a hockey helmet always does. She was crying for a few minutes I got her calmed down and we kept skating. They cleared us off the ice to clean it. We decided we keep on skating but we thought we should get Jordyn a hotdog to eat( not much else at the rink) since it was almost 7 o clock. Camryn didn't want anything. No big deal. So we were sitting there feeding Jordyn when Camryn just threw up no warning or anything. She just kept saying how sorry she was and she didn't mean to.

Well I decided we should probably go home. I was a little worried about a concussion. But wasn't really sure what to think since she had been trowing up just the day before but had been fine for the past 24 hours. So we go home and I called Mark to tell him what happened. He said he'd meet us there so we could figure out what to do. well Camryn ended up falling asleep as soon as we got home well after thinking she was going to get sick a couple of times. We decided to let her sleep for a little then she how she was. Well after an hour she woke up she was kind of disoriented for a minute and then she just started throwing up everywhere!! And I mean everywhere!! We decided maybe it was a good idea to get her checked out just incase.

So we got to emerge and it was insanely busy!! ACK!!! the nurse checked her out and thought that she seemed to be just fine but I was right in bringing her in to get assessed. After waiting 2 hours to finally get back to a bed to wait to see the doc Camryn got seen.( I didn't realize that and ear ache was worse than a head trauma **shaking head**)I was almost hoping she'd throw up agian cause if she did the nurse said her level of priority would go wayyy up. I could see her returning to her normal self the more we waited. By the time the doc saw her she was sitting in the bed colouring it was almost midnight. The doc did another neurological exam which she deteremined Camryn was fine. And that the throwing could have been from the headache Camryn had. Although she has no concussion. Or just due to the fact that she was throwing up just the day before. But she also reassured me that I was right to bring her in. SHe gave me a list of things to watch for and to bring her back immediately if she starting showing any of the signs. They did recommend that I get her a new helmet though. I was so relieved it was nothing serious but I am hating all this puking and I hope that we are finally done with it!! Thanks for listening.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

boysRus

Default I would have been concerned too

Good thing that you had her checked out. Was her helmet too loose? Perhaps if her head is small and it's hard to get a tight fight that she could wear a hat underneath. Glad she is okay

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

no her helmet fits the way it should
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Oh I'm so sorry The poor girl Hope she gets better for good, soon.

Expert Forum User

Glad to hear she is on the mend...there seems to be some sort of nasty stomach bug going around from the sound of it (crossing fingers that it does not hit us)

I wonder will the Health Unit here test samples? In Waterloo Region if your little one has diarrhea or vomitting for more than the 'normal' 24 hour period you can give them a sample to see if it is Rotavirus or Ecoli or something that is being spread around....mind you this might only apply if they are enrolled in school or daycare and there is an 'official' break out? Just a thought though that if it doesnt clear up soon maybe get a vomitt or stool sample for you Dr?

Feel better vibes!!!