Default General discomfort

Hi there, I just wanted some insight as to whether a visit to a chiropractor would help in my situation...I have always had issues with my back, I am 5'9" and was told when I was a teenager because of my height I had slightly larger spaces between the discs in my back...whether this is true or not remains to be seen as this wasnt the most reputable clinic I went to where I was told this...regardless I have found since the birth of my son in Feb of 09 things have progressively gotten worse...though its hard to explain the problem I have...its more discomfort than it is pain...it starts about the point where the epidural was inserted and goes below there for the most part with a couple of exceptions...I have resorted to taking advil or robaxacet almost every single night for well over a month now to be able to go to sleep (only after doing log rolls trying to fall asleep for 2 or more hours) it is not limited to only when Im in bed but seems worse at bed time...other times it has gone higher in my back and felt as though someone has pinched every nerve within my back and spreads from the spine out towards my armpits and around on both sides...its becoming frustrating and annoying and limiting my mobility more and more during the day...wondered if this is something I should have medically looked at first in case of a more serious issue or if theres relief a chiropractor could offer to help solve this ongoing problem?

hi there- great question. In my office we do often see that an epidural can lead to issues later on . This is common, but is something that can be addressed by a chiropractor. First and for most a chiropractor looks to the inside to see how the body is connected and able to express its innate intelligence. Innate intelligence is that thing that heals us, recreates our cells, grows nails, hair and babies. It is that thing that is always working. If there is any separation from this our body may be letting us know in many different ways. In response to the larger spaces than normal i would not be in a position to address that. An epidural can be thought of as a source of stress on the system and have residual effects. It is a trauma. I do believe a chiropractor would be a great source of information and help for you. We always look at the whole person and do a very thorough initial investigation. Hope that helps. relief is out there.....
    Dr. Laura

www.chirolaura.com
    519-671-4850
    The advice i give is not meant as solicitation from any current chiropractor. Obviously a full exam is warranted to give full and complete diagnosis. The information I give is just meant as a guide