Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default School bus extremely late today

This is ridiculous! We got to bus stop at 8:10am today because oldest DS's bus is supposed to arrive around 8:16am. It is never on time but today we sat and waited and waited and waited until just shy of 9am! There was one other time recently where it didn't come until 8:50am. I have no clue if it was due to it being so cold outside that the bus would not start or what but my gosh it is downright freezing out there today and so many of the kids were so cold by the time the bus finally arrived. Thankfully I drove to keep us warm. I'm sure I sucked through a tonne of gas but today was no day to be sitting there and waiting with the vehicle NOT running!
    I wish there was some way to contact the driver and say where are you and when can we expect you here.
    Did anyone else whose child rides a bus experience something similar today with their bus being extremely late?
    I was on the verge of leaving if it didn't arrive at 9am and it got there just shy of that time, so obviously he was going to be late arriving to school.

I would contact the bus company and complain. A couple of times we have had substitute bus drivers and they drove right past our stop without even blinking. I guess the kids on the bus were yelling at the driver to stop for us but he/she kept driving. I had to drive them into school. A few parents called the bus company to complain!

E.T.A. I see you are in London, if either the catholic or public board here is the website http://www.mybigyellowbus.ca/contact.html
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 01-24-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Expert Forum User

my friend ending up driving her kids in because the school bus never came... she waited over 35 minutes and drove her kids in because she had to get to work.
    ~ Annie ~
    Mom to 4 (B24, G23, G19, G9)

My Blog: It's just my life...
    Follow me on Twitter: @anniecannie

Expert Forum User

We've had the bus late , but never that late. I would definitely call the bus company.

That is not right.
    Love isn't love till you give it away.

Expert Forum User

My kids don't take the bus, but the one bus for their school was apparently an hour late getting the kids to school this morning. It was because the bus wouldn't start.

If you drive your kids to the bus stop though and end up waiting, particularly in weather like this, wouldn't it make more sense to just drive them to school? I don't know how far you are from your school but my kiddos are less than a 5 min drive away, so waiting at the bus stop would seem silly (in our case).
    Last edited by jasterling; 01-24-2011 at 09:22 PM.

just an idea. is there anyway you can call the bus company in the morning just before you leave to make sure its running on time. i know its a pain .but a 20 second call is less than standing in frigid cold for nearly an hour.

I ended up driving my daughter this morning too, I don't know when the bus showed up but there were no kids left at dd's stop.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    just an idea. is there anyway you can call the bus company in the morning just before you leave to make sure its running on time. i know its a pain .but a 20 second call is less than standing in frigid cold for nearly an hour.
    Hmmm I never thought of that. I like that suggestion, so thanks!

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

All bus delays that are significant .. like more than 10 minutes or so .. are supposed to be pposted on the big yellow school bus website. Do you check it before you head out?? I have it saved at the top of my favorites and quickly pop it open in the am. It ison the left hand side .. says cancellations. choose it and then Middle sex then London. If it is not posted there and they are that late I would be lodging a complaint because it should be there. the whole reason for the site is so 100 parents are not calling in just to see.
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

http://dawnfitzgerald.myepicure.com/
    But message me directly to order or book and I can get you a special LM deal