Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Default Need the name of a lawyer or something

DD's dad was supposed to return her yesterday, then he said she was going to see him sing karaoke and that he'll bring her this morning. Then he sent a message saying that we need to meet up at the mall at 3:30 and discuss some issues. I said I'd rather do this here and he just emailed saying that he refuses to bring her here around DH and that he will talk to me monday after he goes to the family court
    Can he do this? We have an old verbal agreement

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I think that if you do not have an official document stating that you are the custodial parent he can I am sorry
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

http://dawnfitzgerald.myepicure.com/
    But message me directly to order or book and I can get you a special LM deal

Banned

You better rush to the court house on Monday and get an emerg motion filed to her back until you get something court ordered.

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Did he say why he does not want her around your DH? If she has been living you with you all this time - I don't understand why he is doing this now?? I agree with PP - if you do not have a court order in place - he technically can keep her I believe - but you can always call the police and ask them??
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

Social Media Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DMC2008 View Post
    You better rush to the court house on Monday and get an emerg motion filed to her back until you get something court ordered.
    ^^THIS^^

Expert Forum User

ok but there is no valid reason why he isn't bringing her back except the fact that he cannot stand DH

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Happily Ever After View Post
    Did he say why he does not want her around your DH? If she has been living you with you all this time - I don't understand why he is doing this now?? I agree with PP - if you do not have a court order in place - he technically can keep her I believe - but you can always call the police and ask them??
    I don't know. He says that he said a threat or something a long long time ago. We both have no idea what he is talking about

I did call the police and they are coming here

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by DMC2008 View Post
    If I don't she will be with him until when? Until it's all done with court?
    I don't even think I qualify for legal aid..what the heck am I going to do

Expert Forum User

You can file an emergency hearing yourself and ask that your dd be returned to you right away. Then once filed, you can serve him, if he doesn't return the child by said time, then call the police. Once you have filed papers, you can have him charged.

You can also have your ex meet you somewhere and have your DH come, but don't tell your ex.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_williams View Post
    If I don't she will be with him until when? Until it's all done with court?
    I don't even think I qualify for legal aid..what the heck am I going to do
    Yep, so get your ass down there. You dont need a lawyer, go to the court house tell the clerks there the situation they will give you the paperwork. Fill it out there, file it and boom.....seriously.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_williams View Post
    I don't know. He says that he said a threat or something a long long time ago. We both have no idea what he is talking about

I did call the police and they are coming here
    The police cant help you without a court order. You can file a report and they can go and try and ask him on your behalf, but you are SOL without paperwork. Sorry. =( BTDT.

Social Media Guru

Yep the police really can only ask your ex to bring your daughter back but with no paperwork they can only suggest its in his best interest and can't make him do anything....if he refuses to bring her back you need to be at that court house Monday morning.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

What she said^^^
    "Anything is better than lies and deceit". Leo Tolstoy

Banned

If you need help, let me know.

My ex did this to me, and I marched my ass down to his place and was ready to kick the door in - luckily he was drunk and not all with it or watching what the kids were doing. (well not luckily as my kids were there) and my daughter who was a baby got to the door and he saw this and locked it. He screamed at me through the door and when I turned to walk away I think his brother opened the door to go out for a smoke and my girls came running. I grabbed them and put one in the car and while I was holding my baby, he shoved me into the gravel (while holding her) and I got up and got her in the car and raced outta there. That stupid f*ck landed his ass in jail let me tell you.

Not saying you should go try that lol, just saying that is what I did. I had no idea about emerg motions until more recently going through court crap with DH and his ex.
    Last edited by DMC2008; 01-22-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Banned

This happened to DH too when J was a baby. He had J fulltime from 2 weeks on, when he finally served her with court papers when J was a year to make it legal. She took J and disappeared for 6 weeks, DH knew where she was, but the police said they couldn't do anything.
    BUT, when they went to court the judge did not take kindly to her doing that, and it went against her huge. Which helped DH get full custody.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast