Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ear Piercing

Default Ear Piercing

Anyone know where I can get my little girls ears pierced? She's 5 weeks old. I'd like to go somewhere where they have 2 people and 2 guns and get both ears done in one shot.

Any suggestions?
    ~~ Kat ~~

Expert Forum User

I got my daughter's ears done at People's in White Oaks. They used two guns and it was pretty quick and easy.

You might get some slack for doing it (see this thread) but the only person who cares should be you. Like I said in the thread - I got my daughter's done in a mall with a gun and she's still alive and hasn't needed therapy, LOL.
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!

Expert Forum User

claires does it with 2 people. call in advance to make sure 2 are available.
    Proud mom of 3 wonderful children

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Hope you find a good place! I have no idea where to suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
    I got my daughter's ears done at People's in White Oaks. They used two guns and it was pretty quick and easy.

You might get some slack for doing it (see this thread) but the only person who cares should be you. Like I said in the thread - I got my daughter's done in a mall with a gun and she's still alive and hasn't needed therapy, LOL.
    its not giving people slack when they are educating people about the fact guns are dirty nasty unclean things.

sorry but I have yet to meet one person who said to me yeah I knew the guns are not clean or able to be disinfected and I still choose to use blunt force trauma to make myt kid look pretty for my sake but I sure have met alot who said thanks for the info I did not know.

Aww man I already had popcorn today... guess this round is for the baby.
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I took DD to Visage in Westmount mall - they were great with her... she is now 2 and is doing just great - pierced ears and all!

As others have said - these threads tend to get heated and lots of opinoins get thrown your way - as long as you have done your research and you are comfortable with the decision you make - that is all that matters.
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by sittingpretty View Post
    its not giving people slack when they are educating people about the fact guns are dirty nasty unclean things.

sorry but I have yet to meet one person who said to me yeah I knew the guns are not clean or able to be disinfected and I still choose to use blunt force trauma to make myt kid look pretty for my sake but I sure have met alot who said thanks for the info I did not know.
    Oh I would be one of those people. I used a gun on my daughter's ears. Heck I pierced her ears. Granted I knew how to do it, but I used a gun. They are regulated by the health department and have regular inspections. If they were that bad, then they would be banned. I know you are just trying to help and I think its fine that you want to “educate“ people, but don't assume we are all clueless.
    Proud mom of 3 wonderful children

Quote Originally Posted by out_in_the_boonies_mom View Post
    Oh I would be one of those people. I used a gun on my daughter's ears. Heck I pierced her ears. Granted I knew how to do it, but I used a gun. They are regulated by the health department and have regular inspections. If they were that bad, then they would be banned. I know you are just trying to help and I think its fine that you want to “educate“ people, but don't assume we are all clueless.
    what a lovely way to put words in my mouth eh? I never once said anyone was clueless

I said

All arguments aside - I know the pro's and con's, and I've made the decision this is something I want to do.

How old were your babies when you had it done? I want to get it done as soon as possible, the younger the better I think - she'll never remember it this way!
    ~~ Kat ~~

Expert Forum User

I took DD to Visage at Westmount mall. There were 2 people & 2 guns. I took her when she was 4 months old She only cried a little at the sound. She's 6.5 now and has no recollection of it!
    Kim
    Mom to four great kids: Hunter, Trent, Emma and Logan

Expert Forum User

All medical reasons aside, one thing to think about is the concern that earrings are pretty tiny. This is quoted from an article:

ASPIRATION OF THE EARRING: This is probably the most concerning danger. As most parents know, toys are approved for certain ages due to their choking hazard risk. Many toys are not recommended for those under three years because children under this age tend to put a lot of things in their mouths. Earring are certainly not permanent fixtures, and the risk of them accidentally falling out is not small. They are generally of a size which is easily swallowed. Therefore, there is a risk of inhaling an earring or its clasp should it become dislodged.

Read More Piercing baby's ears: Is it safe? - iVillage
    Last edited by Findabhair; 01-19-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by kcdreyer View Post

How old were your babies when you had it done? I want to get it done as soon as possible, the younger the better I think - she'll never remember it this way!
    My DD was 7 months old (to the day) when we got hers done. She was just starting to get really “grabby“ with things - so I knew that we had to do it then or wait years.

For my next one, I'll definitely do it a few months earlier (maybe 4-5 months old) as the baby won't be able to grab & pull as much.

That being said, it was so nice and easy to clean the piercings because she was so little & really never struggled or turned away. So it was very easy to avoid infection as I made sure we were very thorough with the cleaning.

When I was getting hers done there was a Mom that was piercing one of her sons ears and he was just over a year old. As soon as the gun went off he started grabbing at his ear and pulling like crazy. I definitely wouldn't wait until they're that old.
    Last edited by Sunrise; 01-19-2011 at 10:23 PM.
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I had my girls done at 6mths and 4 mths. Both were done at the hair place in Argyle mall. I can never remember the name of the place. They did one ear at a time.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Quote Originally Posted by out_in_the_boonies_mom View Post
    If they were that bad, then they would be banned..
    Ear piercing aside, that is the most ridiculous and/or naive thing I have ever heard. There are many that that are that bad that are not banned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast