Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Maybe this is a bit early! Valentines Day!

I know a lot of you said last year you dont really care for Valentines Day - but for some reason my whole life I have LOVED IT! Even has a kid, I would work hard on making Valentines for my classmates, etc.

What are the plans?! Do you have a Valentines Day tradition with your spouse or kids!

This year I have booked a Bed and Breakfast in Port Stanley! DH doesnt know yet, its a surprise........I am totally excited!

For my kids - we are going to make red velvet cake and decorate Valentines to drive to our friends and family! =)

What about you!

Expert Forum User

Wow I had no idea people put so much thought into valentine's. I send DD to school with valentine's cards and possibly get DH a card...lol.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

DH and I use it as an excuse to go out to a nice quiet dinner together!
    We'll get each other a little gift (nothing expensive) and a card.
    My Mom always gets us kids a little something too, its cute.

I'll make heart shaped cookies and cupcakes with DD this year, she'll love it.

I think its a cute day
    tough times don't last but tough people do

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

ugh another occasion to spend money.

Expert Forum User

We don't do much. My DD's birthday is the day before so we are hosting her party.

Expert Forum User

No traditions yet.

Last year s/o was going to come visit me and his car died. He was stuck in the middle of no where with no headlights @ 2 am

This year I'm planing to visit him. Still a little nervous something will go wrong lol. We're planning to stay at the Holiday Inn in Brainerd with the mini waterpark for a night. Looking forward to the hot tub and lazy river

Expert Forum User

i think i will buy dh a ps3 game. he's been really awesome lately and deserves it

otherwise we always go out for dinner maybe a movie this year too. nothing much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lacuna View Post
    ugh another occasion to spend money.
    Doesnt have to be!

probably go for dinner with my hubby! and crafts with the kids and for sure baking!!

Banned

This year I am just excited to RELAX! We are going to the Kettle Creek Inn, which is my fav! They have the best rooms, and the best food! It will be just for the night, but still, a night away does wonders!

Last year DH got me diamond earings, but this year I dont want anything from him! I want to spoil HIM this year! Maybe I will pick up something at La Senza haha that can be his present!
    Red Velvet Cake Recipe With Picture - Joyofbaking.com *Tested Recipe* and doesnt this cake look sooooo yummy!

I am also going to do something special with DHs girls too, but it will have to be the weekend before Valentines because we dont have them for that actual weekend! But it will still be fun!

Expert Forum User

No traditions and I'm pretty sure DH works. We'll probably go out for lunch/supper some day that week, but nothing else big planned. He always gets me flowers too.

DH and I have started (over the past couple of years) to start to splurge on a really nice meal without kids. We have been going to Michaels on the Thames - the week 'after' Valentines to avoid the rush. We have made it a group type of thing, invite our friends and it is really just a night out but we use the Valentines Day as our 'excuse' to spend an extravagant amount of money on 1 meal We are not mushy kind of people!

Banned

The week after is a super idea!!!!!!!!! Brillant!

DH and I are going to Michael's on the Thames for Dinner. It's usually one time we do a really nice fancy, no holds barred, dinner out. I always do baking with the kids too! And we make valentines! Last year we turned red suckers into flowers with green pipe cleaners and DD handed those out. They were super cute!

I love Valentine's day too!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rubyslippers View Post
    DH and I are going to Michael's on the Thames for Dinner. It's usually one time we do a really nice fancy, no holds barred, dinner out. I always do baking with the kids too! And we make valentines! Last year we turned red suckers into flowers with green pipe cleaners and DD handed those out. They were super cute!

I love Valentine's day too!!
    Cute!

I am a bit disappointed because as you know DH and I were going to go to New York for Valentines this year, but I couldnt find a place I liked, or a good price. Dang. We should go sometime - girls vaca! Tiffanys here we come!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast