Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Constant issues with the EX & FRO

First let me start off by saying, I am grateful I recieve CS, as I know some don't.. but this is still a pain in the arse!

Anyone else have constant issues with their EX ensuring that FRO has their child support payment??

We have a court order, and CS is supposed to be paid on the *1st* of the month. I usually end up waiting all month to get it. FRO won't do anything until it's 30+ days late.

I am getting so freaking tired of not knowing when to expect it to show up. We depend on this money and it makes it really difficult to manage a budget when you have no clue when it's going to show up!!!

His CS is garnished, but his boss is a retard, and won't send it for weeks at a time.

Has anyone else been in this situation? Did it ever get resolved? If so, how??

Im getting so fed up with dealing with this BS.

TIA

Expert Forum User

My CS is garnished also. The ex's employer sends it in once a month (at the end) and I usually see it into my account around the 7th of the next month. If it gets past the 15th I will call to see if they have received payment to FRO and then see what they say from there. Usually when there has been a problem its because of issues at FRO's end because the employer has submitted without stating clearly who its for and what amounts. I've had it held up a month because of this and then 2 deposits happening on the same day. I have to wonder if I didn't make those calls, would the money just sit in 'limbo'? as they don't know who to send it to?

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Probably Donna. FRO sucks. So do Exs.

I hate this, its getting so frustrating. I don't understand how it's so difficult to send a cheque, process it, and have it in the recipients hand in a timely fashion. I mean.. Im not so much having issues with FRO, but with the EX and his employer being morons.. but still FRO sees a continued trend that its always late.. so why won't they do something about it??? Ya know??

Expert Forum User

I guess I'm just glad to actually be getting something, as there was a time, before I took him back to court for arrears (we had an agreement that he would pay 'x' amount, but stopped). With FRO too, I know that I will aventually see the money, where before, who knows. I'm lucky in the sense that I have a line of credit that can help see me through the tight months due to late payments.

No arguements from me, ex's are morons.

The FRO has rules to follow for collection.
    They don't monmitor in the sense that we expect them to.
    My ex would pay 4/5 months behind. and has for the last ummm 5/6 years.
    It wasn't until the 90 day suspension order that he would start his BS with them and then they'd finally put their foot down...
    once he did get suspended
    but ex and his dad own a business so FRO has an exceptionally hard time with them...
    OMG the lkies they tell!
    Thankful when we were in court as he was trying to get it lowered!...the judge saw through him and put more in place....
    Your ex and his retard boss are pushing the envelope hoping you will get tired so he won't have to pay.....
    My ex thought it was amusing to withhold it and play the role of daddy money bags...in the end he paid double cause not only would he buy her everything she wanted to make me look bad as i couldn't without CS he then had to catch his CS up...teehee
    sadly i learned to budget without it..and YES I KNOW EASIER SAID THEN DONE.
    stupid exs

The future is uncertain... but this uncertainty is at the very heart of human creativity

Expert Forum User

I have never had any issues with CS, it comes off his paycheck and into my bank account every week. There has only been one week that it didn't, because his pay was late, that was the employers fault, and I recieved it the next day. I still have problems with the ex, but since he has started to date, he has been very easy going.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymomof3 View Post
    . I still have problems with the ex, but since he has started to date, he has been very easy going.
    LOL sorry not on topic but I just HAD to laugh at this. We went and met with a lawyer re: DH's ex when she was being ridiculous. She would call easily 20 times a day and e-mail or text as well. The lawyer we went to see said to just bid our time and it would get better. We asked him when and he told us to go and find her a boyfriend...that's sure to make things better. Sure enough once she started dating, the e-mails and phone called quickly slowed. It was a VERY welcomed change!

DH ex never stopped calling us.... to this day
    she even calls when her and her man get into it.
    werido.... ugh...
    my ex stopped calling when i moved in with DH but would call when DH was working nights.. (he'd find out from DD and then call after she went to bed) <rolling eyes>
    I hated dealing with FRO originally. i thought they were protecting him more.. but as I learned the system I continually called them and brought it to their attention that it was 30/60/90 days late... its the only way to ensure enforcement happens when it should as well.....

The future is uncertain... but this uncertainty is at the very heart of human creativity