Default Anyone know about injections?

My sister has been struggling to get pregnant for awhile. She was feeling more optimistic when she heard that she would be trying Clomid (spelling?) because we know quite a few people that it has worked for. She was just told, however, that she is not a candidate for that drug b/c her Estrogen is already too low. She is now being told that she will try injections. Does anyone have any experience or advice?? I guess we are just looking for a little hope - or a reality check. Thanks!

I had to do injections - but for IVF. The thought of giving yourself needles is a bit daunting, but it does get easier. Good luck to your sister

The first one is the hardest! After that, it's really no big deal. When you're dealing with infertility, honestly the injections are such a small, small part of it. The hardest part is usually the emotional rollercoaster.

Good luck, I hope the first try is successful!
    Adoptive Mommy to Evan '05 and Aiden '09

I am in the midst of an IVF cycle with my best friend (as a surrogate) and the injections are no big deal. The problem I am finding is with the bruising and the bloating. I feel like I look about 5 months preg already! (Although the ultrasound tech told me yesterday that my ovaries are the size of small oranges so maybe that explains it!). If anyone knows of a way to get rid of the bloat, let me know! So far all I've read is gatorade and protein.....we'll see. Good luck with your TTC. I hope it goes well.