Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kindle

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default kindle

I think this is the ereader I want (partly cause my CC that I cut up is attached to amazon and still useable there) can you get any book for the kindle that I could normally buy on amazon or only some?

what do you do when done with the books? is it easy to delete them or save them to a memory card when done?

Not an expert but I think any book you can buy at Amazon you can probably by for the Kindle and once you've bought them they're yours to keep. Think it stores like 1,000 books or something like that.
    Mommy to three adorable kids!

Expert Forum User

We didn't buy the Kindle because it ONLY supports Amazon.com books... With the Kobo or Pandigital you can purchase books from anywhere that has them... plus it doesn't have any Canadian content magazines or newspapers and the others do.

ok question then with the kobo can you have the site keep your CC number for buying stuff? I dont like punching it in very time and I find I spend WAY less if I just save the number on one or two sites and then cut it up.

OH does kobo ship from canada? I just looked up kindle and at its price coming cross border would be ouch on duty and customs for me

Expert Forum User

I have a kindle and love it, there have only been a couple books I haven't been able to get but other than that no problems.

Expert Forum User

I have a sony Daily Edition and love it. We didn't go with the Kindle because it only supports books for the Kindle. The main reason we went with the Sony is because it has a 7 inch screen. I found the 5 and 6 inch ones rather small. The only downfall is that you can only buy it in the states.

Expert Forum User

If I remember correctly, Kobo is Chapters right? Their warehouse is in Mississauga or TO, so I would assume the kobo would ship from there as well. Just a guess though.

*inkymama*

Expert Forum User

I've been looking into these for a while. One thing about the books you buy for the Kindle is that you only buy it once... it is saved on an account forever and you can therefore put it on as many devices as you want.

Expert Forum User

sorry just wondering why are you buying it online? its in chapters stores. but yeah its from mississauga. that's where my gift cards came.

Expert Forum User

Koobo is from Chapters, Kindle is from Amazon.

Expert Forum User

Just an FYI, I ordered a kindle before Christmas and it is not going to even be shipped out until the end of January!! I got a Sony e-reader for my birthday but we didn't like that you have to d/l everything to the computer first and then onto the reader. With the kindle, you d/l directly or through the computer. Not sure how the kobo operates in that respect though. I'll have to go look that up.

Also, there are sites where you can d/l kindle books for free (legally).

Expert Forum User

Free legal download sites for the Kindle!!! Please do share! I was going to buy a Kindle for my daughter as a Christmas present but when I found out the shipping time I opted for a laptop instead. The Kindle will likely be for her birthday now.

Expert Forum User

I don't have them bookmarked...I just googled it and a bunch came up. There's also a place called “The Novel Network“ - again, I haven't tried it personally, but you pay $50 and then d/l as much as you want - it's a one-time fee.

Quote Originally Posted by /wasn't me/ View Post
    sorry just wondering why are you buying it online? its in chapters stores. but yeah its from mississauga. that's where my gift cards came.
    because I dont go out much and its cheaper 75% of the order online.

I figure if shipping is 25$ or less than its cheaper to order on line becasue between D and my own anxiety issues I can not take busses and a taxi to and from chapters is 25 ish

Expert Forum User

75% off? how do you get that? i'll buy another one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast