Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Where were you for the start and end of the decade?

New Years 2000 - I spent it in Niagara Falls with my father. We both had dates but decided last minute we really wanted to ring in New Years together --- so we ditched them (called sick bad I know!) and hopped in the car and drove to Niagara - one of my fav nights ever!

New Years 2010 - I spent the night in Oshawa with DH watching a friends band play! Was so nice to spend the night just the 2 of us..... of course I still called my daddy right after kissing DH at midnight!

Since so much this last ten years included DH and my father, thought it was very fitting how it was spent.

Where were you?
    Last edited by Happily Ever After; 01-02-2011 at 07:42 PM.
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

New Years 2000 - in December we found out that we finally got approved to emigrate to Canada from Croatia. I spent the final days in Croatia with my best friend whom I have not seen since Jan 25, 2000 when we left.

New Years 2010 - spent NY with my daughter and MIL, married and living on a different continent. Also, like 40 lbs heavier and 10 years older lol.

NY 2000 - Spent in Orangeville with my sister and friends. Had dinner at a bike shop, ate vodka-soaked gummy bears, and drank lots of read wine. Crashed someone's house party out in the country after that.

NY 2010 - Here at home, didn't celebrate.

Banned

I was 14 for new years 2000, so I spent it with my parents watching fireworks by the river in Stratford.

New Years 2010, I spent with DH and all three boys at home.

New Years 2000 - My then fiancee and I were having a party in honour of our upcoming February wedding.

New Years 2010 - My DH and I spent the evening with good friends at our place and visited another friend who was also having a get together just down the street. The friends and their DD slept over and the kids stayed up until 1:00 am and the parents a bit later.
    Mom of 2 girls, unschooler, feminist, runner and just general lover of life.

Need a doula or prenatal classes? www.babeezeinarms.com

"Me thinks that the moment my legs began to move, my thoughts began to flow."
    - Henry David Thoreau

"
    Children are not our own art products to be turned out well, but their own life work in continual process. -Jan Fortune Wood"

Expert Forum User

2000 - Spent with my boyfriend at the time at a house party in Chatham.

2010 - Spent at home with my husband watching movies and in bed by 10:30.

"The secret to having it all... Is knowing you already do."

NYE 2000 was the first NYE I gave up on trying to do something special. DH (then BF) and I went out for Chinese food with his mom, aunt and I think brother and cousin, then went to the movies and saw All the Pretty Horses, which sucked. I think we went back to my apartment and watched the ball drop or something anticlimatic like that.

NYE 2010, 3 kids snoozing upstairs (plus 2 more that aren't mine!) and DH and I downstairs in our house with another couple playing games, watching the ball drop and drinking horrible champagne.

Expert Forum User

I started out the decade in Florida, watching someone else get engaged and wishing it were me. To end the decade, I was with my wonderful husband and we went home to our 2 beautiful children the next morning.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

For New Years 2000 we had a cottage up in Minden with a bunch of friends. There were fireworks, a hot tub, skating and games. It was a perfect evening.

2010 - We spent the night at home. ( I was feeling kind of yucky) J lasted until about 10 and then hubby, C and I snuggled together and watched Dick Clarke's Rockin New Years Eve to ring in the new year. C was pretty excited to be able to stay up late!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User

Well, New Years 1999/2000 I was spending it in a rental semi in St Catharines with my DH. It was our first New Years as a married couple. Come to think of it, I think I had to work but was sent home at 11pm. We had a small stockpile on hand incase of the big Y2K crash... and were dreaming about starting to look for houses to buy... and TTC.

New Years 2000/2001 DH and I were in our first home (purchased) in Beamsville and I was NOT drinking because we were expecting DS in March! We lived on a court and spent it at one of the neighbours' playing games, hot-tubbing, etc with a few of the other neighbours. Little did we know how much DS was going to change our lives forever!

New Years 2010/2011 we spent at our home in Strathroy. One of my good friends and her DH and 2 DC came over. The DD's (her 2 and mine) danced up a storm all night and just got really silly. DS hung out and bugged the girls. And, the adults ate fondue and had a few (too many) beverages. It was perfect!
    www.southhilldesigns.com/carolwood
    www.facebook.com/charms2last.carolwood

The devil on my left shoulder wants me to reply, but the angel on my right shoulder is screaming: filter.....FILTER! - unknown

Banned

New Years 2000, I celebrated the end of the worst year of my life It was great to start a new year and new millenium with my Dh and great friends, Makayla 3 and Andrew 18 months were asleep in their beds

New years 2011, Stayed home with my kids and DH and M had 2 teen friends over, lots of screaming, singing and dancing from the basement.

All the kids including Noah made it until midnight
    The same friends as our 2000 celebration, couldn't come because they were sick

Wasnt 2009 the end of the decade? Like 2009/2010 new years?
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by princess2808 View Post
    Wasnt 2009 the end of the decade? Like 2009/2010 new years?
    No need to get literal on me now. LOL
    Either way - where were you girlie?
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

NY2000 I was at the ACC in Toronto with my BF (now DH)at a Tragically Hip show.
    NY2010 we were home with no kids playing our new PS3Move, drinking beer and eating chicken wings!

Quote Originally Posted by Happily Ever After View Post
    No need to get literal on me now. LOL
    Either way - where were you girlie?
    LOL!

1999/2000: I honestly dont remember. I was 13
    2000/2001: I think I was at a youth group sleep over thing?
    2009/2010: I was here with the kids. DH worked and got home about 10 min before midnight.
    2010/2011: I was here with the kids. DH worked and got home about 30 min before midnight.

Notice my exciting theme?
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast