Expert Forum User

Default Anyone else can't sleep???

Ever since giving birth to my last baby, I have not been able to sleep well at night. Both my kids are great sleepers (8am-8pm)... so they're not the reason why I'm up. I got a prescription for sleeping pills (non-addictive), but every time I stop taking them I can't sleep. I'm having trouble falling asleep, and going back to sleep if I wake up. I never nap during the day, and I'm very busy with my 1.5 year old and almost 3 year old. I try to go to bed every night aroung 11:00pm, and get up by 7:00am. I guess I'm looking for advice on how to be a better sleeper without relying on sleeping pills. I know part of my problem is that I'm such a big worrier... especially when it comes to my son and his "delays". How can I put my mind in a more relaxed state?

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Exercise, and take nice warm baths at night and read, basically anything that takes you to a different place. I know as a mom it is natural to worry but just make sure you take time with him in a day and work with him on trying to get him ahead and then end each day knowing you did the best you could. The best thing you can do for him is not focus on his delays and just try to do things he can do well and focus on all the positive things he can do. This is coming from someone who is not in the same shoes though, but I as a mom have learnt that we can only do as much as we can as a mom and beyond that we just have to go with the flow. I hope you can find something that works for you and you can get things figured out.