Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Default Who's a single parent?

Hello Everyone

I was just wondering who else fell into this catergory. Lets do a little introduction, ie how long you have been solo parenting and if you feel comfortable tell why you are in this position!

Name: Michelle
    Kids: 1 son Jacob 3.5 years old
    Length of time: 3.5 years and also my entire pregnancy pretty much
    Last edited by MamaM; 10-03-2010 at 08:17 PM.
    Mom to DS - 9.5 years old
    AND

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

My son is 3, and I haven't been with his father since I told him I was pregnant. He couldn't handle that, and denied that I was pregnant, and then denied being my son's father.

I have full custody, and he has supervised access which recently came to an end because I refuse to supervise him sleeping on my couch/floor anymore.

I am no longer a single parent, but I give props to any out there. It's definately not easy.

I have been with my BF for 2.5 years.

Banned

Hi Michelle! I'm glad you were able to make such a tough decision for yourself and your son, sounds like you're doing great!

Name: Alison
    Age 38 (that STILL shocks me!)
    Kids: Adam (5.5) Kaia (4) Faron (2.5) Jack (9.5 months)
    Length of time: 1 year
    Why?
    No one reason, just got to the point where we were better off being apart, and for the most part it is easier for me when he isn't around, although he is still around A LOT. He wasn't/isn't a horrible person, we just don't get a long all that well when we live together. I almost wish he had been a complete b*st*rd, would make explanatiuons and things easier. Instead I get "but why, you guys were so great together" which obviously isn't true or else we would still be together!

I'm Cari and I'm 38
    My son Des will be 3 in May
    According to the literature I'm a single mom by choice.
    My biological clock was ticking, I was single, so I knocked myself up via artificial insemination. More then anything I've always wanted to be a Mom, so I made it happen. I thought having one child and being under 40 it would be easy to get back in the dating game. Wrong
    I recently ventured back into internet dating only to retire from the scene mighty quickly. I think I'll wait until Des gets into sports and scope out the single Dads.
    We are a unique little family of two and I look forward to each day with my little dude.
    Mom to the Desmanian Devil ( May 05 )

Name: shelly
    Age 31
    Kids: D age 7
    Length of time: since getting custody back july 06

why?
    too long to of a story to post how I ended up this way but basicly by choice

Name: Lindsay
    kid: Kaleb (18.5 months)
    length of time: most of the pregnancy except for a few weeks here and there until he assaulted me when I was 7 months pregnant (and I won't even get into the stuff about the "other girl").
    Why?
    Well kindof a long story, but mostly because he cheated on me and abused me in everyway (ie. emotionally, physically, mentally). He ended up getting charged with assaulting me and thankfully there is a probation order that he cannot contact me and he has told me that he wants nothing to do with my son. I am happier then I ever would have been putting up with the bullcrap he put me through and my son and I are doing great and I'm loving being a single mom!

Name: Jessie
    Kids: Kane 3.5yrs, Kaven 11.5mths
    Length of time: basically 3.5yrs
    Why?
    My ex is a liar and a huge cheater, I kicked him out and found bigger and better 8mths ago and have never looked back. Being a mother is an extremely hard job but being a single mother is the hardest job your ever going to do. So I grabbed life by the horns and did and am still doing what I have to do to survive. I thank God everyday that I never gave up and in the end I met my soulmate and the father my children have always deserved.

Name: Meghan

My little boy Jacob is 3 months old, and I guess I am a single mother by choice. It's a hard thing to do, coming home from the hospital to an empty house with a new baby, and yes it made me wish that we were together. But now that things are getting better, I love being a single mother, although its hard in so many ways I think that it is the best thing right now.

I love my son's father, but we are just not "in love" and I can't see myself living with him, and can't stand the way that he treated me when I was pregnant, and afterwards as well. I want to be with someone because I love them and can't be without them, not just live with someone because I got pregnant and think its the right thing to do. He never hit me or cheated on me, that I know of, but we just don't get along like we use to, constantly fight when we are together, and I think its healthier for both me and Jacob this way. Maybe things will get better between us with time, maybe not. I know my son has enough love from me and that's what he needs right now.

Name: Ali
    Age 31
    Kids: Maya age 4, babe in the belly
    Length of time: since getting pg with Maya

why?

I am queer, and chose to make a baby with my gay male friend, and coparent her together. We are both single and live separately and she has two houses... lives mostly with me but spends a lot of time with him.

This baby I have chosen to solo parent, because DD's dad only wants one child and I want more than one. So my little family configuration is about to get a little stranger. LOL

This is a great idea for a thread! I'm loving reading everyone's info.
    LondonMoms has really gone downhill, ever since they started chit chatting in the home and garden forum. There is a place for chit chat, people!!!

Name: Kathleen
    Kids: Anniek, age 2
    Length of time: Since I was about 7 months preg with DD
    Why? Couldn't deal with the fact that he was going to become a father and he delt with that by starting to use drugs then when i started having premature contractions he gave me $20 and told me to go to the hospital and he would meet me there after he got his drugs and never did show up (that is the last time I saw him except for when he picked up his stuff) instead of coming to the hospital he decided to cheat on me with the person he got his drugs from!!! The $20 that he gave me to go to the hospital with was ALL the money that he left me with for the rest of the month and it was the beginning of the month.
    Last edited by Greenwaves; 01-05-2008 at 08:08 AM.

April 14, 2001-May 05, 2001
    April 29, 2015

Name: Sabrina
    Kids: 1 son (Aj) and 1 girl katie
    Length of time: Just over one year
    Why?
    My ex decied he would rather sleep with other woman, So I bought a house and left. We are better for it.

name: Dianne
    age 31
    kids: Connor 5, Naomi 3
    length of time: over 3 years
    why: he couldn't and still can't hack the day to day stuff that kids bring about.

I'm new at the whole motherhood thing, and my situation could have been much worse, but I think that doing what we do makes us stronger women and I really do enjoy every day of it.

Expert Forum User

Name: Donna
    Kids: Dunc 21, Gord 17 & Emily 15
    Length: 13 yrs and then some
    Why? He became a stranger to the person I married and I didn't need that person around me. Turned out he didn't feel the need to have any of us around him (not even his kids).

Hey!

Name: Melanie
    Kids: 2-Hailey(3) Hannah(2)
    Length of time: Pretty much since my first DD was born. My story is pretty long too. But all I can say is that I don't think he was ready for the responsibilty.

I love it though and I wouldn't change anything for the world! (Even though I admit it can be hard at times)

And having the freedom that I didn't have before (With everything) Sure feel great!
    Melanie

My sweet baby girls
    Hailey-January 4 2005
    Hannah-Febuary-22 2006

"The strength of motherhood is greater then natural laws."-Barbara Kingsolver

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast