Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Netflix

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Netflix

Anyone use it/have it? What exactly is it and how does it work?

Thanks!

“life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away“

I don't know much about netflix but if you are looking to rent new up to date movies that are mailed to you check Zip.ca
    This is what we used. We looked to switch but the movies were outdated.

Expert Forum User

I have it. I can watch it on my computer or wii. It does take up quite a bit of bandwidth, so be aware if don't have unlimited bandwidth with your internet provider (I figure i can watch about 10 movies/month on Bell).

You simply go to the Netflix site and click on what you want to watch. On the wii there is a little setup before the first time you watch. It's easy though. It's just streaming video, it doesn't save them on your computer/wii.
    Last edited by kymira; 12-17-2010 at 02:34 PM.

How much is it a month?

“life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away“

Expert Forum User

Netflix is $8

Expert Forum User

I use it through our PS3. It's right on the PS3 menu, so I downloaded it and got one month free. After that it's $7.99 per month.
    It does use a lot of bandwidth and I got a msg last month from Rogers telling me I had reached 100% of our usage for the month, we will be charged extra for that, I'm not sure how much yet I will be canceling for sure this month.
    Also the movie selection is quite limited, although if you like documentaries there is a wide variety.
    Lynn, newly employed mom to Evelyn (13), Sophie (10), and Georgia (6)

GIRLS ROCK!!

Expert Forum User

We looked into it and the big turn off was that it uses up a lot of your data usage. We use our internet and our phones already plus the inlaws also share the same wireless internet. If we add movies I am afraid we would have to mortgage our house

We did the one month trial and found that we really didn't have a lot of extra time to watch it. There are a lot of older movies but it depends what you are looking for.

Expert Forum User

we have had it for almost a month. i am curious to see what it does to our usage of internet.
    i wish that a lot of the series were available in canada, but a lot of them are still unavailable, apparently due to licensing or some such thing. i was looking forward to old ally mcbeal episodes and buffy :P
    ~"Just because I have strong opinions, does not mean I judge. Do not mistake passion for judgment. For you might find you are the one doing the judging". ~ Unknown

ds2 bought he ps3 with this work money.. and it has a NF membership free for 3 months.. then its $7.95 per month. so for Easter will just by the year's membership. but if you have unlimited internet.. should be ok. and dh loves the old movies. will see how it works out next month.

Expert Forum User

I have it too. It's $7.99/ month. We stream movies through the Wii or the laptop to the TV. You should have unlimited bandwidth or else you may get dinged by your ISP. There aren't a lot of new releases so if that's what you prefer to watch you will probably be disappointed. There are a lot of movies though. If you just like movies and don't care if they are new or North American you will probably love it. I personally really like it. You don't have to run out and rent a movie or pay the $5.99 for on Demand and you can start it whenever you want and stop it if you want and it will start back up where you left off even if its on a different computer or device. It also suggests movies it thinks you will like based on movies you've rated. Also it keeps track of movies you've watched and lets you look for others that are simular so for example I watched “Vanity Fair“ with Reece Witherspoon and later on when I wanted to watch another historical romance I could click on Simular movies to “Vanity Fair“ and it give you a whole list of romances etc.

We tried it for a month and then got rid of it. Cost was about $8 a month. Took too much of our bandwidth. I really enjoyed the Documentaries on there.

Quote Originally Posted by hinagal View Post
    we have had it for almost a month. i am curious to see what it does to our usage of internet.
    i wish that a lot of the series were available in canada, but a lot of them are still unavailable, apparently due to licensing or some such thing. i was looking forward to old ally mcbeal episodes and buffy :P
    really? You were? Shame on you!

We did the free month then paid for a month (we forgot to cancel). I didnt find anything on there I wanted to watch. Anytime I looked for something it wasnt available.
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

Expert Forum User

Although the first month is technically “free“ I was gouged $22.50 in bandwidth from Rogers. So not such a good deal. I do love their documentaries though.
    Lynn, newly employed mom to Evelyn (13), Sophie (10), and Georgia (6)

GIRLS ROCK!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast