Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Scrapbooking organization

How do you organize all your stickers and quotes and all that?
    I find I don't like any of the ways I've been doing it. I have so much and stuff gets so easily overlooked.

Expert Forum User

I hope to hear some good ideas here. It's a struggle every time I go to use something because I know I have it, I just can't find it.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper's Mom View Post
    I hope to hear some good ideas here. It's a struggle every time I go to use something because I know I have it, I just can't find it.

ditto........
    “A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking,
    it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking”- Helen Rice

In a binder that I got from Michaels that has plastic sheets in it, and the sheets are made up of different sized dividers/compartments. You can flip through the binder and see everything you have. You can also buy refills of the plastic sheets. Works well for me.

Expert Forum User

I am just getting started with scrapbooking / stamping myself - so I look forward to reading more ideas for when my collection grows...have to check out the Michaels binder option that sounds cool.

Right now I have comandered one of my SO's tool storage compartment things with the little drawers that pull out for my brads and BLING items, my quotes and special stickers and adornments I have in the little snack zip lock bags by 'theme' and there are stored in a photo box with dividers, my coloured papars are on a storage divider from Staples. I have one of those clear 7 drawer storage containers on wheels with my stamps and ink and stuff in it.

Happy Scrapping

Whitehills...Two blocks from my childhood home!

I put page protectors in a binder and organized them that way...Much eaiser to find things

Banned

Laurie is this it?

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/d...030&channelid=

How much was it and the refills?

Yes, thats the one. I can't remember for sure how much I paid for it, I'm thinking its about $40.00 (I used a coupon though, so pd less) I got it a couple of years ago, and I've never needed to buy more refills as what came with the binder has been enough.

clear storage drawers labelled are great! I organize everything by season so xmas, snow, birthday, dog, school etc then it's easy to find. I'm still in process of doing it but its coming. Harder to pack up and take with you, but I like it.

I'm going to bundle all my xmas stuff together and put it in a 12 x 12 clear case labelled christmas so that when I do those pages I can find it.

I too have the binder from michaels and have it filled, but for me, the hardest part has been grouping everything together, so now i'm starting to put everything in those small counter top type rubbermaid drawers, i think they have about 4 drawers in them for about $10 from walmart. Too small to fit paper though.
    Erica

Mom to Evan and Britney

Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.
    Leon J. Suenes

Expert Forum User

I just moved all my scrap crap (as DH calls it) out of his office into DS old nursery room. So I have my own scrap room! But now I realize how much storage stuff I need - especially for paper.

I found that for little things diaper wipe containers without the lids work great. I line up everything kind of like in a recipe box so I can easily see what is in each container. I have about 8 containers (stacked in 2's) of embellishments, stickers, scissors and ribbon. They are just white - and basically free!
    http://lifewithbecks.blogspot.com/

pm me for details about Little Diva Spa Parties

Expert Forum User

I really love organizing stuff... strange but true.

Here is my desk it has changed a bit since picture but not much... I have a place for everything.

Ribbon not on spools assorted by colour.

More storage for ribbons and albums currently working on.
    ~ Annie ~
    Mom to 4 (B24, G23, G19, G9)

My Blog: It's just my life...
    Follow me on Twitter: @anniecannie

Expert Forum User

More organization...

This is no longer in my room... but still stuff is organized the same... all embellishments including sticks which to be honest I don't ahve hardly many are sorted by theme... girl/boy/birthday etc. And any page kits I have done already adn elements to go on pages by those themes are held in these binders. I used to SWAP a lot... and currently am in the middle of purging all this stuff I just won't use.

I will take more pictures once I am finished the current organizational challenge I am doing in my scrapbook/craft room. I love playing and creating in here.
    ~ Annie ~

OMG Annie, your scrapbooking room is so awesome!!! I am going to show my hubby these pics, he thinks I have a lot of scrapbooking stuff! LOL I love it! What are those hanging on the side wall, holding a couple of scrapbooking pages? They look cool!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by ~Laurie~ View Post
    What are those hanging on the side wall, holding a couple of scrapbooking pages? They look cool!
    Thanks for your lovely comments.. there is even more than what is in those pictures... I have a closet pretty much full but all organized...

I should add that I organize my paper by brands for some of the big name brands like Basic Grey, Chatterbox, Fancy Pants, Sassafrasalass, etc but for none name brand paper or paper that is very distinctive of it's name.... I do by theme.... to I tend to grab my Basic Grey before anything.... and then some of the other brands that I tend to favour... that is why they are organized that way.

Only my bazzill textured cardstock is organized in that crate... if you look at the main picture of my table/desk you will see to the left a curtain.... the light hits there so I dont' want any paper bleeched anyway... my none bazzill cardstock is under there organized by colour.

The thing on the side wall are those metal stripe from Ikea.... that come with the note things you can put notes on them welll I changed the clips and made them hold layouts. I like that I can display my latest layouts for more inspiration on there.
    Last edited by Annie; 01-05-2008 at 08:52 PM.
    ~ Annie ~

Annie, I truly love how well organized you are. Just this past weekend I finally got a "scrapbook" corner set up. I'm going to use some ideas from you. I'll post some photos once I have it sorted.

As for stickers, I have a old Creative Memories sticker album that if full of clear inserts. I often bowse through it when I have an idea in mind...so I don't forget what I have.

Joelle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast